Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My savage starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
jared787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My savage starting

my savgae 25 L.E is having troubles starting the fuel just isnt going up the fuel line untill i plug the exhaust any tips?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
claccytim

Default RE: My savage starting

yh, keep your finger over the exhaust .

Seriously, it is what is known as priming, you have to turn the engine over a few times with your finger over the exhaust, and no glow starter on, just untill the fuel reaches the carburettor and no air is left in fuel line. Dont do it after the air is out of the fuel line or you will flood the engine and experience hydrolock, then comes the broken pullstart/rotostart.

Tim
Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
poe

And if it does flood, which you can check by taking off the glow plug, turn it upside down and start it with out the glo starter without the glo plug.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Ziggmiester

Yep, just cover the exhast with a finger and spin the rotostart a couple of times until you see the fuel get to the carb. Then just put your glow starter on, take your finger offf the exhast and rotostart it until it starts.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:54 PM
veedub

if ur l.e has a rotostart ide suggest buying a pullstarter and a exstra one way bearing i bought a savage x and the first day of owning it my one way blew out, i got the pullstart and new one way today and broke it in no problem