Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

3W106 Running Rich Inverted

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3W106 Running Rich Inverted

Got a QQ version 3W 106 on 3w canisters, with right angle carb stack, in QQ's 102 Yak, that seems to richen up when inverted or rolling at about 1/2 throttle. New engine, starting 2nd gallon of 32 to 1 oil mix. Seems to run fine over half to wide open. Is this that I need more time and tuning on mixture or a air flow problem or what???? Could use some help from someone with same set up.

Thanks Rick
Old 05-25-2006, 09:59 PM
jraabolle
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: 3W106 Running Rich Inverted

The only way my 85B2 would run right is to run the vent line to a balsa box in the fuse. The box is ca'ed together and is airtight I shoe gooed the line in. I still ran the elbow on the carb. I was having problems in knife edge flight. It took both to get my 85 to run good in any attitude. Good luck
Justin
Old 05-26-2006, 11:08 AM
wingburner
My Feedback: (17)

Rick...If you try what Justin said....Let us know as my 157 does the exact same thing.

Jack
Old 05-26-2006, 11:18 AM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Its funny, on some 3w motors, the 90 degree intake makes it better, or makes an engine that doesnt need it run worse. If mine has the intake and I cant get rid of the burble, I just take off the intake and run a line back in the fuse, and 99.9% of the time this fixes it. Also, the 3Ws and Tilotsen carbs do not like to run rich, they are more sensitive than a Walbro. Lean your top end as well and that should help, not just the bottom.