Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat I/O Boards

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat I/O Boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:08 AM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat I/O Boards

Mr. Matt/Guys'

Do Jetcat I/O boards produce any noise?? Can it be safely mounted close to servos/antenna/RX. I searched for hours trying to find the answer to this to no avail. The two possible locations i'm looking at for the I/O board in my F-16 install would have it mounted close to one or more of the above mentioned items, so i need to know if there could be a close proximity problem????
Old 05-30-2006, 05:51 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jetcat I/O Boards

Scott

If you have easy access to the ECU you can eliminate the I/O board and plug your GSU directly into the ECU where the board plugs in. As far as noise I don't know the answer but I doubt it.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Scott,

I never use them. Just leave a data cable plugged into the ECU (or not) and use the GSU when you need to.

There's not much power going into it, just enough to light the Leds and run the RS-232 interface.

Leave it out. The engine beeps tell you the same thing the I/O board does.

Rick
Old 05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't know if the I/O board produces any noise, but when I was chasing a radio range problem on a P120 powered Kangaroo Bob Wilcox advised me to try a range test with the I/O board and cable removed. In this case it made no difference and I later found the problem to be a faulty receiver. I velcro my I/O board to my GSU instead of mounting them in the airframe.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:01 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Scott,

I would not put it close to the antenna but I try not to put ANYTHING close to the antenna!

Otherwise get it installed and then look for a good ground range check.

Regards,

Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 PM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

Thanks, i had no idea the engine did'nt need the I/O board to work[sm=thumbup.gif] That will surely simplify my install.

Matt,

Thanks, I think i'll go Ricks route at first, setting it up without the board, get my antenna location and range checks done and sorted, so she's flyable, then i'll "place it in the spot" i want it in and re-do the range tests. Iff no losses, it can stay, otherwise, it's out. Either way it sounds like a win win.