Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

28% Edge rudder servo

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 PM
somethnextra
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28% Edge rudder servo

Has anyone else with a DA-50 had to put the rudder servo in the tail? I balanced mine out tonight at 5" behind the LE and it looks like it feels more at home in the tail. I've got all carbon fiber stuff (gear, wing tube, stab tube), MTW canister, and TBM lions. Maybe that's why? Anybody?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
papadale
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 28% Edge rudder servo

SomthinExtra

If you are sure the plane balances fine with the servo in the rear, then by all means put it there. The location of the rudder servo is important only to address balance. I have two similar planes one needed the rudder servo forward to balance and the other I mounted in the tail. I can see no difference in the rudder authority, both work equally well.

Good Luck
Dale
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

With the can muffler up front, no wonder you need the servo in the tail.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
rcbill
My Feedback: (1)

I just started flying my 28% WH Edge a few days ago. I have JR 8611a's all around. I used the pull - pull system. I have a 1900 mah 4 cell Nmh in the engine box and 3200 5 cell just behind the wing tube. All I have for CF is the wing tube. My plane balanced out at 6 inches from the LE. Plane flies beautiful and lands great. Inverted flight is nearly hands off. Bill