Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

cleaning the pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:59 AM
ampa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning the pipe

after about 50 fligths the inside of the t. pipe of my 26 gas is showing a beginning of carbon/like deposit how can I clean it? someone told me caustic soda but I am worried that can corrode alluminium
Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cleaning the pipe

Paolo,

Until the deposits actually begin blocking the exit of the pipe, they should not bother you too much.

Are you using a good quality lubricant that meets, or exceeds JASO FC requirements?
If so, it should not deposit too much material.

As to cleaning excess deposits; your guess is as good as mine.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:10 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rinse the pipe with fuel every now and then, and do not worry too much about a thin soot layer.
Synthetic two stroke racing oils keep the pipe quite clean.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ampa

Get a crock pot large enough to imerse the thing being cleaned, pour in anti-freez, let cook over night, clean with water and soap, will look like new in the morning. A good cleaning method including bringing one home full of mothe earth. Wash out any bearingd motor prior to cooking. You will wonder where this system has been hiding, its great. Even softens carbon on pistons, heads etc. to a point it will wipe off. If remains dirty, cook another few hours until clean.