Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Choke on MVVS 1.6????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke on MVVS 1.6????

The choke mechanism return spring is very stiff and hard to manipulate on a cowled engine. Is there an easy way of setting up something to activate it?

If not, which Walbro carb can be used that has a choke shaft with a mechanical detent that holds the choke either closed or open??

Thanks for your help!

Bob
Old 05-24-2006, 09:18 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Choke on MVVS 1.6????

Bob,

Someone asked a similar question some 6-7 months ago...

I replied that one must fabricate some kind of pulling mechanism, to be operated from behind the engine.

I don't know what other Walbro carburettor will offer you a simpler solution.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 AM
David_Moen

Hi Bob,

What I have done is used a piece of Gold'n Rod to operate the choke. I glue a piece of hardwood to the very bottom of the firewall and run the control rod through that, gluing the end of the outer section of the Gold'n Rod securley there. Locate the block so that the rod prodtrudes through the opening in the bottom of the cowl that you have made for the exhaust. You can thread a little screw into the end of the rod to give yourself something to grab onto. The bend in the Gold'n Rod will provide enough resistance to movement so that the choke will stay closed when you are starting the engine.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Dar, Dave,

Thank You both for the replies!

Regards,

Bob
Old 06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

found this from the Mvvs 1.6 thread in gas engines:

Here is how I did the Choke with original Walbro parts to lock in open and closed position:

Realizing that in the carb body is the resessment for a spring and ball already casted, I looked for the parts at Walbro.com.
There are no parts for our WT-481-1 to go in there, BUT!
On the carb body it says also 446 which means it's the body of a WT-446-1 and under this carburetor you can find:

28, Ball - Choke Friction, part# 89-13-8, Ball - steel .125 DIA., $0.36 (you get 10)
42, Spring - Choke Friction, part# 98-162-7, Spring - choke friction, $0.43 (you get 5)
15, Shaft Assembly - Choke, part# 44-3111-1, Shaft - choke, $1.90 (That one is still on the way)

Until the new shaft comes in, I drilled the original shaft to give the ball some bedding to hold in open and closed position - it works even with the spring.

Chuck