Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

alignment pin whole worn out

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
bluemagic98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment pin whole worn out

Hi guy's

I have a EDGE 540 28% that I fly all the time. The other day I was at the field and I was trying out this new setup bench i made for the club. When i got the edge all together I picked it up holding the leading edge of one wing and the trailing edge of the other wing. I noticed one wing moved about 1/8th of an inch the other wing dont move. Im going to need to do something here to tighten the wholes up the pins look fine. However the pins on the front of the canopy they are worn 1/4 way through. My wheels are also getting sloppy. and the tail wheel is beat hard. Did I tell you I fly this plane alot. The guys have a few nic names for Me one is touch and go Dan Ill pass on telling you the rest of them. anyway I read on hear one time of a neet way to rebuild the lignup wholes and i need a refresher on it if any of you have an Idea please feel free to share.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
texasporty
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: alignment pin whole worn out

Simple fix. Cut the appropriate size brass the same length as the alignment pins. Slip the brass over the each pin and glue. I used 5 minute epoxy. Redrill hole for retaining clip if you use them. Slip wing on and check the incidence and fit. This worked like a charm on my 260. I didn't ever have to file the fuse any.

I used K&S brass, not sure of the size. Whatever size slips snugly over the alignment pins.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: texasporty

Simple fix. Cut the appropriate size brass the same length as the alignment pins.
My gosh Mark are you still flying the Extra 260 prototype?

TF
Old 06-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Mine got loose after around 200 flights I just simply made new ply doublers in the fuse.

I believe Mark fley it in the Little Rock IMAC last month still looks and flies good.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:00 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dntmn

Mine got loose after around 200 flights I just simply made new ply doublers in the fuse.

I believe Mark fley it in the Little Rock IMAC last month still looks and flies good.

I believe he bought it from me on the way home from Little Rock 2 years ago.

TF
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
texasporty
My Feedback: (7)

Tom
You are correct. I did buy on the way to Little Rock going on two years now. I have the yellow one flying now, but am still partial to the blue one. I have no idea how many flights, but I can tell you it is bunch.
Getting ready to move back to Arkansas, so I had my friend take it to his house until I get moved there. Will be flying the yellow in Abilene. It has a BME 102 in it also.