Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kyosho zero fighter in the uk

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kyosho zero fighter in the uk

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 02:37 PM
Merlin3945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho zero fighter in the uk

Does any one know where I can get my hands on a Kyosho zero fighter in the uk. Do any of the shops stock this or can order them.

The shops I know dont have any.

How does this aircraft fly. I would like to put an SC 52 four stroke in it. And how does the kit build. Are there any things I should do to the kit to modify it like strenghten the retract mounts or servo mounts or anything like that.

Regards Merlin
Old 12-24-2002, 05:03 PM
akpilot

I don't know if they'll have this exact model, but there's a great hobby store in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. I have to apologize, but I forgot the name of it-having moved away from there several years ago. I know they're about a 10 hour drive from you, but they may be able to ship up north.

Having been there several times, I have to attest that they carry quite a few foreign models/kits. If not in stock, I would lay odds that they could get it for you. Their store is probably one of the best in the London area, and is comparable to most hobby stores here in the U.S.

You could probably do an web search or get the telephone directory and find them.

Best of luck,
Troy
Old 12-26-2002, 12:32 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Kyosho Zero is their only warbird with a foam core, balsa sheeted wing. Therefore, I'm not sure if you will need to strengthen the retract mounts. I have not built or flown the Kyosho Zero, but I have built and flown the Kyosho Spitfire and Bf109E. The retract mounts in those two planes are rock solid, unlike the weak mounts found in other warbird ARF's. I flew off a grass runway, and the retract mounts held up after many hard landings. As for the servo mounts, you should not have to strengthen them. None of mine broke after a hard crash.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Merlin3945

Default re:- kyosho spitfire

Thanks for the info guys.

I really liked the idea of the zero fighter as it is something no one at our club has or has ever mentioned. I would just buy a kit but at the moment I have too many kits to build and I really wanted a quick build to just get going. A lot of the guys at our club have corsairs or mustangs so we could get a bit of a dog fight going.

I read your comments on the bf109 and spitfire.

All I can say on the retract mount front is you must have got a good one. Yours must have been built on the day they had lots of glue coming out the end of the gun.

A member in our club wanted a good stand off spitfire and the koyosho one looked good so he got one. The undercarriage lasted two flights both landing were pretty straight forward no big bumps or bangs but on the second landing the port leg got ripped out. When we looked at it the failure was due to not enough bonding between the leg mount and the structure. There was hardly any glue in the thing at all.

This leaves a lot to be said about being able to build it yourself.

But other than that it is a good kit.

Regards Scott