Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

A second ARF P-38?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

A second ARF P-38?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default A second ARF P-38?

I just received my Feb. 2003 RCM, and on page 45, there is an ad for Kondor Model ProductsLighting P-38J, for Twin 52's, with air retracts, glass fuse & cowls. No Price info thou...

Does anyone out there know anything about KMP models...

I know that Morris is comming out with a P-38, and no price info either...is this the same model...?

Merry Christmass to everyone,

Soft landings always,

Bobby of Maui
Old 12-24-2002, 08:41 PM
garygee
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kmp

YES BOB THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY CHAT WITH A FEW OF US NOT TO LONG AGO.HIS COMPANY LOOKS VERY INTREGING I HAVE NOT ORDERED ANYTHING YET BUT THE EXTRA 330 LOOKS REAL NICE.JUST TYPE IN KONDOR MODEL PRODUCTS AN READ THE TREADS GOOD LUCK
Old 12-25-2002, 02:33 AM
Bob Paris

Default Kondor Model Products WEB Site...

The web site for KMP is;

www.kmp.ca

I've seen the pictures of Morris Hobbies P-38 and it looked nice, and so does Kondor Model Products P-38. It will be nice to hear from someone that has had a hands on inspection of the kits, as well as the flight characteristics.

I've known of a few Royal kit built P-38's with mixed reviews on how they fly...with engine out problems that were a handful. I pray that one or both of these models have a sweeter flight envelope...for I will be buying one of these kits...just waiting to see what develops with prices and shipping to Hawaii.

I've two K & B Twister .61's just itching to go into a model...

Soft landings alway's,

Bobby of Maui
Old 12-25-2002, 03:59 AM
f2racer

Default Re: A second ARF P-38?

Originally posted by Bob Paris
I know that Morris is comming out with a P-38, and no price info either...is this the same model...?
The are definitely not the same model. I've seen the Morris/VQ and it's really top notch. Check out rcwarbirds for an in depth look at the Morris/VQ. Looks very interesting. Gear doors and inboard and outboard fowler flaps!

The KMP Lightning also looks interesting, but from the pics lacks the gear doors and flaps...

Has either published a price?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2002, 04:49 AM
Bob Paris

Default Morris Models P-38

Your right, and after looking up the web site for rcwarbirds, was quite astounded at the amount of detail and workmanship that went into Morris's P-38. My hat is off to Morris for their effort to bring such a high class model into the field. I pray that it is not to expensive, and that is one of the issues that create such a work of art...man hours of labor to bring it to us.

I will wait and see what the price is for both models-and for what I can see with KMP's P-38, it tells you that it's six chanel, but the pictures do not show the flaps that I can see. It also does not have scale wheel doors, or even scale looking ailerons. So far Morris Hobbies is much more scale and appealing model to me.

Thanks for the information,

Soft landings always,

Bobby of Maui
Old 12-25-2002, 10:15 AM
VQModelAircraft

Default Re: Morris Models P-38

Hi all,

I want to clear up that our P-38 is not the same as KMP's P-38. We have put many countless hours in to making our P-38 as scale as possible, from the authentic fowler flaps to the molded gear doors. The P-38 is modeled at 1:7.5 scale with the exception with the rudders, which is approximately 10% larger then scale. Pricing is currently in the works, but should be release soon.

Regards,
Mike
www.vqmodelaircraft.com
Old 12-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Default Morris Models P-38

Wow!
That VQModelAircraft P-38 looks great!
I hope to check it out at the Morris Hobbies booth at the Toledo show in April. Will it be there?

Jim
Old 12-25-2002, 04:20 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long until this thing is actually here?
Old 12-25-2002, 08:17 PM
VQModelAircraft

The P-38 should be here in the states by mid March, and hopefully just in time for Toledo. Merry Christmas !!!

Mike
www.vqmodelaircraft.com
Old 12-26-2002, 02:12 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Default In regard to the KMP P-38

I emailed Andrew Kondor from KMP about their P-38. He says the price should be some where between $399 and $449, the kit is mostly fiberglass, it will include a set of 3 air retracts, and will be available for sale no later than June. I'm very excited about this ARF. Unless the one from Morris ends up being very price competitive with this kit, I think one of the KMP P-38's will defiantly be added to my hanger.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Lightning Fan
My Feedback: (17)

I looked at the rcwarbirds review of the P38 arf, with particular interest in the Fowler flaps as I am working up a set for my Z P38. The photo of the fully deployed flap doesn't look right, but it may be the photo itself. It appears to be only about half way extended out of the flap bay as opposed to "hanging" off the edge of the wing like I think they are supposed to when fully extended - am I misinterpreting the image?
Old 12-29-2002, 04:37 AM
VQModelAircraft

Lighting Fan,

Here is a link to a picture of the flap from the side view. http://www.vqmodelaircraft.com/Products/Model/p38.htm.

You are correct about the full scale flaps hanging near the trailing edge. We had to move it forward from the trailing due to the trailing being so thin.
Old 12-29-2002, 04:41 AM
VQModelAircraft

Lighting Fan,

Here is the correct link. http://www.vqmodelaircraft.com/Products/Model/p38.htm

Added a period to the end by mistake.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:02 PM
Kitman

Heys guys,

FYI, you can get the Kondor Models for www.ultimate-rc.com and get a free set of wing bags! Can't beat the deal!

Kitman
Old 12-30-2002, 02:13 PM
f2racer

Originally posted by Kitman
Heys guys,

FYI, you can get the Kondor Models for www.ultimate-rc.com and get a free set of wing bags! Can't beat the deal!

Kitman
Kitman, does ultimate-rc have the KMP models in stock?

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Kitman

F2racer,

I have not seen the production kits, I am awaiting their arival in early Jan. 03.

Kitman