Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ABX engine on takeoff

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
omeyga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABX engine on takeoff

I've got a new ABX that i've flown about 5-6 times (without a crash thusfar ) and i've noticed that sometimes on takeoff (on a full battery) that the engine can cut out for just a second. I think it's done this about 3 times and always recovers in time for me to save it (not sure if i've pulled back on the throttle and then forward full again or not as it happened so fast and i was having fun). I've seen two posts in other conversations where peoople have mentioned this happens to them . . . . is this common or should i call HobbyZone?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: ABX engine on takeoff

Sounds like a radio glitch to me. The throttle is the first channel to show any reaction to glitch-causing radio interference.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
muddy udders

My firebird freedom has done the same thing a few times. Seemed to only do it when the battery was at a full charge. Mine would actually cut the motor off like it was a low battery.
I would just run it for about ten to thirty seconds and it would go away.
The plane is in a tree so I dont know if the problem ever went away.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:03 AM
asm_

I know this thread is about 6 months old, but I have found that a upgraded ultra dean plug seems to solve the motor cut-off problem. The battery plug came with ABX and Firebird is not really mean for repeated use.

ASM