Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Need Valve Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:51 AM
vietvet71
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Valve Dimensions

HELP, I am in the process of machining a V-4 cylinder four stroke motor. I would prefer to locate some ready made intake and exhaust valves from a company Like O.S. or Saito to save me the time machining them from bar stock. I cannot find any dimensions listed on replacement parts in any web site (Towers are limited). What I need is a valve face of .250"; Valve body dia. of .094" and a overall length of .705". Does anyone have any valves laying around they can mic and tell me what O.S. valve is close to these dimensions? I would appreciate the help. THANKS
Old 06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Need Valve Dimensions

VV:

At the moment I have a few mid block Saito engines down, they all use the same valve, for both intake and exhaust.

Head diameter is 0.470, stem diameter is 0.100, and the length overall is 1.025, all dimensions in inches. The FA-120 and larger Saito valves are larger.

The OS and Enya valves are similar in size to the Saito line.

Sounds like you need to make your engine larger, of find a different source. Valves machined from common bar stock wont last very long.

Bill.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
vietvet71
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Valve Dimensions

Thanks Bill,

These are the times I wish I had a nice small CNC Lathe to knock out a few dozen of these parts. Guess I will go ahead and start to make them using some Stainless Steel Bar Stock I have in the shop. Unfortunately turning the stem to .094" from the .250" bar stock will create some flexing of the piece during turning, especially with Stainless. Heads will be easy, just use a starter drill with a 45 degree angle (90 degree total) and the job is done. Thanks for the reply. Larry