Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FS ONE MODE 1 or 2???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS ONE MODE 1 or 2???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:58 PM
strykernut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS ONE MODE 1 or 2???

OK..I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN FSone Simulator mode1 and mode2

below is the brilliant response I got from Horizon....which was useless...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent e-mail. The difference between the two FSone simulators is "mode 1" comes with a "mode 1" transmitter and "mode 2" come with a "mode 2" transmitter. nooooooo Really???? [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif] You can also buy the FS One without any transmitter and use your Airtronics radio with the option Airtronics adapter.

Airtronics Adaptor Cable: FS One
HANS3020 by HANGAR 9
$12.99

I hope you find this information useful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or give us a call at 877-504-0233.

Thanks,
Daniel
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Rd.
Champaign, IL 61822
877-504-0233
[email protected]
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Fly-guy

Default RE: FS ONE MODE 1 or 2???

Mode refers to the stick functions ie;

Mode one: Left stick is rudder and elev, right stick is aileron and throttle

Mode Two; left stick is throttle and rudder, right stick is aileron and elevator.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
strykernut

THanks FLy guy...well I guess IM a mode 2 guy...why would anyone get a mode 1? Is it dirrerent strokes for diferent folks..or other parts of the world do it differently?

THanks Again! Maybe you should get a job at horizon! THey need somone that knows something about their products!
I can't stand them more and more each day...I swear!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Fly-guy

I myself fly mode 1 it was the way I was taught. I can also fly Mode 2 (to a certain degree) but I guess I learnt mode 1 so thats the way I'll stay. Hell I know a guy that flies mode 4 which is reverse mode one.

Glad I could help.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question you asked was what was the difference between fs one mode 1 and mode 2. The answer is the transmitter, not a difference in the software itself. I'm sorry you didn't like the response received, however our tech did in fact answer the question you asked. This is apparently simply a mis-communication/mis-understanding.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
strykernut

Dan,

thst's your opionion and I disagree with it whole heartedly......it's like saying a six pack of soda...has six individual cans of soda in it...isn't that obvious?

...why didn't he just say Mode 2 is the US standard and the one used in the US!?

that's probably why I don't bother shopping online at Horizon anymore..I go to www.wholesaletrains.com for a great price and get my research done on the board here from the great people that contribute to the threads...

Furthermore, I based my remark on additional correspondance that I have had over the last year and a half...they "often" don't have much constructive to say...it was just recently that they updated their websites to include...videos and alot more comprehensive database of about the products they sell...

SC

Old 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
dsnyder

I don't see how you could not consider this a case of simple mis-understanding. Point is, your question was answered, and you asked a follow up question here on RCU rather than simply replying to the email. Perhaps more could have been added to the initial response, but your question was in fact answered. It is not the same thing as your analogy. One could have assumed that you did not know what that meant in terms of the FS One Sim (some customers have had the impression that there were 2 different versions of the simulator based off of the description of mode 1 and mode 2, and did not understand that it was just a difference in the TX since it does not mention the transmitter), but that you might know what the differences are between a mode 1 and mode 2 transmitter already. Obviously that is not the case here. It is a simple mis-understanding.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but rest assured we do everything we can to support our customers. Horizon's top priority is to provide outstanding service to our customers. If you feel that you have not at any time, why not give us a call and speak with us about it?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
strykernut

is their a law againt being negative? especially when its appropraite?

bvesides the simple misunderstanding....HOrrizon still sucks in IMO...

and for you to respond...speaks by itself...your the ones that ruin the boards... your biased monitoring of them ....to prevent bad press...and stategize for marketing opportunites.. among other things...what a crock!

[sm=punching.gif]
SC
Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
dsnyder

You are entitled to your opinion. I agree to disagree with you. I'm here to help you, nothing further. If you don't want help, so be it. However those reading have the right to know all the facts.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
strykernut

know there, we agree on something ......lemme treat ya to a beer?

SC

PS I may have an opening for my businesses damage control team...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:43 AM
jb642

Danny - Why not post what Mode 1 / mode 2 means on the website??????? This whole discussion would be mute!

JB
Old 06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Oregon Craig

Duh, ass.
I spent about 2 minutes finding this:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=HANS2000
Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
jb642

Hey N70R -

Who are you calling " Duh, ass. "

That info was just placed there!

Perhaps you should learn to read -

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"
Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

I think Danny is correct in saying that Strykernut could have asked better, but Stryker is correct in saying that Horizon "sucks." (especially in the customer service department)

I personally fly Mode 2 as that's the way I was taught, however Mode1 sure looks better for rollers as you can accomplish them much easier. However, Mode2 is closer to the way a real airplane's controls are laid out. And since I'm a person who likes to do things teh hard way, I will continue to fly mode 2.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 PM
xtra 330
My Feedback: (19)

unbelievable.....anybody that has flown model airplanes for sometime or even newcomers would learn what Mode 1 and 2 are...if they just read the instructions in the radio manual. I have not checked for that in quite sometime(years), but I do believe it identifies what the modes are.

But I could be wrong
Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I think Danny is correct in saying that Strykernut could have asked better,
How could he have asked the question better, unless he knew the answer to the question? He asked the question exactly the way a person who didn't know the difference between mode 1 and mode 2.

However, Danny was the first person who supported me on these forums a few years back when I got into RC when I needed help with my JR radio. I would say he's the best support rep on RCU support forums, yes, even better then yours truly. I think that this was just one small glitch by Danny, but you guys are just blowing steam for nothing.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:55 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I think Danny is correct in saying that Strykernut could have asked better,
How could he have asked the question better, unless he knew the answer to the question? He asked the question exactly the way a person who didn't know the difference between mode 1 and mode 2.

However, Danny was the first person who supported me on these forums a few years back when I got into RC when I needed help with my JR radio. I would say he's the best support rep on RCU support forums, yes, even better then yours truly. I think that this was just one small glitch by Danny, but you guys are just blowing steam for nothing.

well, he could have clarified it to mean "what is Mode 1 and what 's the difference between mode1 and mode2" When I first read the question I understood it to mean how is the sim different for mode1 and mode2. COuld be my reading skills though.

50%