Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingcat - setup on Futaba 9ZAP WC2 tx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingcat - setup on Futaba 9ZAP WC2 tx

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:50 PM
amjflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingcat - setup on Futaba 9ZAP WC2 tx

I have a Kingcat setup on a 9ZAP with Ailevators (for dual elevator servos, no aileron mix), aileron differential and matchboxes for the two flap servos and two rudder servos. It all works beautifully apart from one thing. I have flaps setup as three trim offset mixes preset for take-off, half flap and landing. I have channel delay on the flaps of 98, to slow deployment of flaps and prevent sudden trim and attitude changes to the model. There is a preset elevator trim compensation offset for the flap mixes. What id like to do is also use channel delay on elevators so that they come in at the same rate unfortunatley i cant because it wopuld affect the normal flight movement rate which would be no good at all. Anyone solved this problem, or thought of another way of doing it? Ive lived with it for almost 1yr now and it doesnt affect the flying but the trim changes jsut look a bit messy on finals.

Most annoyingly it seems the JR guys have this solved and BVM provide the instructions to do it, and I do not accept that this is something JR can do and Futaba cannot!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kingcat - setup on Futaba 9ZAP WC2 tx

Can you use a flap to elevator PMIX? That would apply the correction at the same rate that the flaps deploy. I can't say that I've though about it long enough to decide if it would affect the rest of the elevator settings but I think it should work.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:17 PM
amjflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kingcat - setup on Futaba 9ZAP WC2 tx

Yes, in fact thats how I setup the Elevator mix, on a PMIX. So that however the flaps are deployed I still get the corresponding PMIX, unless, I also have ailerons deployed as crow in which case the Elevator trim PMIX is turned off. This gives me lots of flexibility I can come in on an approach flaps only, and then decide to throw out crow if it looks necessary (i prefer to land flap only for a nice light touchdown mains first with nose in the air for a few more secs, the crow really kills the lift).