Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

what is up with these registration fees?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

what is up with these registration fees?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 04:25 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: what is up with these registration fees?

Harley............ that photo of your field and surroundings, well it is amazing.

beautiful country

Mark
Old 07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If you have to ask how much it is, then you probably can't afford it."

Bottom line. We play with expensive toys. Who really cares about a $50 landing fee. Maybe for all those who are complaining about the fees you should go back to your 40 size trainers. \

Model jets are the pinnacle of remote control. It's like complaining to the service manager at the Ferrari dealer after he hands you a $2500 bill for a tune up. ...Maybe your in the wrong hobby.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:18 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Philo

Maybe for all those who are complaining about the fees you should go back to your 40 size trainers. \
Dave Brown is smiling from ear to ear
Old 07-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Glorfindel

Woww!!!

It's that kind of elitic people that make me sometime hate this hobby...
Old 07-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I think you must have meant "Elitist".
Wouldn't you hate the people, and not the hobby?
Anyway, your English is better than my French.

Mark,
Thanks for the compliment. Many people worked long and hard to make that field what it is today. Come on up and fly with us!

Harley Condra
BVM REP
JetCat REP
Elitist
Old 07-08-2006, 06:32 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Harley,
Mark is right. That is a beautiful field. 800' of asphalt, I think I need to change my underwear.

I still can't believe this thread is alive. I mean go to a proffesional sporting event with decent seats and some food and you're out at least $100.00 for two hours of watching multi millionaires getting paid for doing their hobby. I just don't get it. This hobby in general is expensive. Even when starting out with a 40 size trainer and all the stuff you need to get going, it's going to cost you about $400.00+.

Marty
Old 07-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice field Harley

I like our system of jet events in the states. I like flying with a few other airplanes at a time, as long as it's capped to about four in the air or so at once. It's a great way of seeing the different styles of flight and performance of different aircraft. I also prefer showing up at an event that was organized with the pilots in mind as a priority. Don't get me wrong, I like to know the spectators are enjoying themselves, but in all honesty, I think it's a lot more fun as a spectator to watch thee or four planes in the air at once that a singleton doing a home grown routine.

A 50-60 dollar fee is reasonable if it includes a lunch and a few days of flying. The 100 dollar fees are too much but that's one reason why I didn't go to those
Old 07-09-2006, 11:49 PM
HAMMERDOWN
My Feedback: (100)

ORIGINAL: Philo

"If you have to ask how much it is, then you probably can't afford it."

Bottom line. We play with expensive toys. Who really cares about a $50 landing fee. Maybe for all those who are complaining about the fees you should go back to your 40 size trainers. \

Model jets are the pinnacle of remote control. It's like complaining to the service manager at the Ferrari dealer after he hands you a $2500 bill for a tune up. ...Maybe your in the wrong hobby.
There is nothing wrong with 40 size trainers and about 95% of the worlds populace cannot afford even a electric foamie. We are blessed to be able to fly r/c planes of any shape or size. But the fact remains that $50.00 is not much money to someone that can afford a $5,000.00-$20,00.00 model airplane. That is one of the least expensive costs connected to flying turbines. The fact that there are less that 1000 waivered pilots in the US makes it an elite group. The vast majority of turbine pilots fly because they enjoy it not to flaunt how much money they have. It's all relative really. There will always be someone that has more than you (and me) but the opposite is also true. It's good advice for someone to say "if you can't afford it, find something to do that you enjoy that is within your budget". Be happy where you are and you will be happy where you end up, and the opposite is also true. OK, off the soap box for me.