Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

afterrun oil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
scooby-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afterrun oil?

okay it says to open throttle to 100% and install 3 - 4 drops into the carburetor venturi, and then flip the propeller several times.

what is the propeller that i have to flip and how, and do all of this without the engine running?? and how do i open the throttle to 100 percent if its not running? sorry if its a dumb question but i'm new to this, and my new jato is supposed to be here in a few days, but i went to my hobby store and got a couple of things and the after run oil was one of them. just needing some help on how to use it, and any more tips of things i should do that most newbies might not know about will be very useful. Thanks
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
boltech

Default RE: afterrun oil?

the instructions are for airplanes.

for cars put a few drops in the carb with the engine OFF.
then give the pull start cord one or two pulls to cycle the oil thru the engine..
put the air filter back on and the car can be put away.

ORIGINAL: scooby-RCU

okay it says to open throttle to 100% and install 3 - 4 drops into the carburetor venturi, and then flip the propeller several times.

what is the propeller that i have to flip and how, and do all of this without the engine running?? and how do i open the throttle to 100 percent if its not running? sorry if its a dumb question but i'm new to this, and my new jato is supposed to be here in a few days, but i went to my hobby store and got a couple of things and the after run oil was one of them. just needing some help on how to use it, and any more tips of things i should do that most newbies might not know about will be very useful. Thanks
Old 07-10-2006, 08:09 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: afterrun oil?

ORIGINAL: scooby-RCU

well the propellor part is refuring to planes but the idea is spin the propellor and the piston goes up and down and mixes the oil all around the engine to lube everything. To achieve this same effect on cars simply crank over the engine, the jato has the EZ start so just attach that and push the button to crank the engine although you will probably need to disconect the glow plug as otherwise the engine will try to start! As for the throttle, you can move the servo manually or just pull the trigger if your radio gear is still on. This simply allows the oil to get into the carb and then through the cranking into the engine.