Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Sukhoi SU-31

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kyosho Sukhoi SU-31

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 12:12 AM
Gaaaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Sukhoi SU-31

I'm thinking of buying the kyosho sukhoi 'cause i really like the looks and the scale like appereance of the plane, but i got some questions:

* What engine should i use for optimal performance

* I've got a OS46FX; Will i be able to do torque rolls with this engine (if the plane can handle it) , or should i switch to a 4-stroke.

* Does this kit need modifications?

Please let me know if you have tips/tricks for building/flying this plane!!!

THX & Best wishes, Gaaaz
Old 12-31-2002, 01:56 AM
AcroFlyer

Default Kyosho SU 31

Mine has an OS .91 Surpass in it and I am *very* happy. Make sure to check the landing gear block for lots of glue. It flys really well and you are going to enjoy it.

Full up/down elevator (with recommended throws) will not cause a stall. It is a blast to fly.

AcroFlyer
Old 12-31-2002, 03:46 AM
daren
My Feedback: (4)

i put a 91fx in mine. lots of power! landing gear blocks are weak and I also had to fiberglass the firewall. great flying airplane.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:47 PM
Pilottx

You need a much bigger engine than reccomended with this model, problem is the cowl is so big most of the propwash gets swallowed up in it. Mine had a 0.61 2 stroke and it was not enough really. I reckon a 90 size four stroke will do the trick, will give plenty of torque.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:55 PM
Pilottx

You need a much bigger engine than reccomended with this model, problem is the cowl is so big most of the propwash gets swallowed up in it. Mine had a 0.61 2 stroke and it was not enough really. I reckon a 90 size four stroke will do the trick, will give plenty of torque.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:56 AM
davham
My Feedback: (4)

If you want to hover this plane and do torque rolls, you will be very dissapointed with the 46fx.

The plane builds tail heavy and your litttle two stroke wont help the problem. I have a saito 91 in mine and vertical is good. The landing gear block is a little weak but just learn how to set it down easy. Go with a larger engine and stick with the recomended elev throws at first. This is a good flying little plane. I have my cg 5/16 aft of the rearward recomended range.

Dave