Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Newbie sim question: G2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Newbie sim question: G2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Mudbay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie sim question: G2?

Okay, so I'm about to take the plunge into the world of r/c planes--something I've been thinking about for years!--and it seems a great idea to start with a simulator. In looking at the system requirements for RF G3, I can see that my ol' system won't be able to hack it, so I'm about to try to buy a G2. One I'm looking at (on eBay) is offered from the UK, but I got to wondering if there are any computer format issues that I might run into with a product sold to the UK market--just to show you how much I know about computers!

A related question: My system is a 995 mHz Athlon with 256K of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 4 graphics accelerator; does anyone see a reason that a G2 won't run for me? I hesitate to ask, as it could be something like the tire debate on motorcycle lists: Are there other sims that I should be looking at? My aim is to use the computer system I have for now, and get the best stick experience I can prior to trying to destroy a real model.

Many thanks,
Mudbay
Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 AM
3DSAVAGE

Default RE: Newbie sim question: G2?

welcome to RCU Mudbay! if you really want to learn how to fly, get g3. u can just update yor drivers and get better graphics cards. they ain't that expensive. u can use g2 on your computer. it may not have the best of graphics, but it will work. but dude seriously, get g3. it will teach u to fly WAY better than g2.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Welcome to RCU Mudbay!

DON'T BUY A SIM OFF OF EBAY!!!!!!!
ok, sorry for the screaming, but you need to not miss that key part. G2 will need all the parts with all the codes on it,(like any good sim) and if you get the sim and something's missing, you won't be able to get your money back or get replacement parts without proving that you are indeed the rightful owner.

As far as sims go, I own and love G3.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Mudbay

Whoa! Many thanks for the warning, Christopher. That end of the issue didn't occur to me. Okay, so I'll keep my eyes open for a G2 through this forum. I'd really like to run G3, from what I've read, but I have limited funds for the time being, and upgrading my computer so I can run it isn't in the cards right now. I can suffer with the lesser-quality graphics, as long as I can learn enough from it to make it semi-practical to fly a model safely.

So I should keep my eyes on the classified section, eh?

Rob
Old 07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

I wouldn't buy any software like this used from anywhere. Even RCU. You really have no idea what you're getting until you get it unless it's NIB.