Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

turbine mavericks @ JOD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

turbine mavericks @ JOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 03:57 AM
subsonic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbine mavericks @ JOD

Hello all just wanted to see what everyone thought of the turbine mavericks at JOD, i have a maverick about 70 percent complete and was toying with the idea of doing this to mine. what is needed to do the conversion, is someone makeing a conversion kit?T he performance of the ram 500 seemed perfect for it. Thanks Richard :stupid:
Old 02-01-2002, 09:11 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Default Maverick conversion

I have received today a conversion kit from Gary Mueler it is supurb and is already well under way. It consists of kevlar tanks, double walled tail pipe and new inlets to replace the ducted fan ones. This kit is for use with the RAM 500 BVM bypass.

Jason
Old 02-01-2002, 09:35 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Maverick Turbine

Guys,

I was one of the first..At the first Florida jets I flew several times my Maverick Turbine.

BVM's bandit tanks fit around a trimmed inlet. Rails mounted to the side of the fuse hold a AMT mercury great. Make or have your pipe made out of .007 stainless double wall. I used the robostruts as your plane will be heavier. A gyro on the nose steering is a must. Be sensible with your flying speed and it will last a long time.....I finally sold mine after 150 flights to move to bigger machines.

Good luck with your project!!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 03:07 AM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Default Turbine Mav and Aggressor

I have several flights on a complete bypasss turbine Mavrick. Perfect fit for the RAM 500. Gary Muhler is making tanks. Much like bandit tanks and a bit narrower. total of 56oz's. New inlet liners are also available from Gary to accommodate the RAM 500 bypass from BVM. the right amount of air is the key. Not too much, but just the right amount.

Flight charistics are very good. Because of the additional weight the takeoff is jsut like a Bandit. Lock the brakes - 1/2 throttle / stablize - full throttle and full up elevator. The TO's are flawless with this procedure with no need for a gyro. In-flight things are really great. 3/4 throttle is a blast (about like a DF Mavrick at full song). Landings are like a Bandit as well. Lot's of flap, hold her off and you will need all of your elevator.

Caution to Mavrick pilots: Don't make your ship nose heavy. balance with your UAT full and maybe about 10 oz's in the mains. TO's and landings are like the Bandit not the Mavrick. The extra weight is the difference.

I will have an Aggressor III - T at Fla jets. Should be a screamer!!!

JB - OUT
Old 02-06-2002, 01:12 AM
feenhere
My Feedback: (26)

Default ram 500 maverick

Hello all i own and built the maverick diceman is talking about and all he said is true. here is a early pic befor i repainted the fues. Gary mueller does have conformal tanks and is working on inlets if interested here is his email address [email protected] if anyone hase any questions please feel free to email me! Thanks ~JOHN BANNER~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2357_932.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	2053