Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Three questions about MVVS 58

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:10 AM
k_jitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three questions about MVVS 58

Dear Sirs:

Unfortunatly, I crashed my Edge 540 yesterday. Some dirt came into the engine, so I had to disassemble it for cleanning and I found some things that I wold like to comment with you.

The first is that one of the carbon fiber sheet is join to the box but the other is a bit open. Is this normal? Can it affect the normal working of the engine? Should I be worried about this?

Second: The piston is semi-covered with a black wrap. I don't think this is good ... I must be doing something wrong... I'm using 98 gas + Mobil1 rancing 2T at 3%. The engine has about 10 hours running and until now it worked great. Menz 24x10 and BCM pits muffler.

Third: Probably, it'll be seated for a long time. Taken this in consideration, which actions should I take to prevent any damage during the storage? Nowadays the engine is completly reasembled and before that all parts were cleaned with normal flying mix. The upper part of the piston was also carefully cleaned with 1500 sandpaper.

Any comments will be apreciated.

Regards,
Javier - Madrid - Spain
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54557.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	489373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59814.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	489374  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Three questions about MVVS 58

don`t worry about the fiber reedvalve. It`s quite common not to get the fiberpetals to completely close to the box. It doesn`n matter, cause when the piston travels to the top in the cylinder, the reedvalve is all open and as soon as the piston starts its down stroke the fiberblades smack down tight and seal uo the crankcase
Old 07-10-2006, 03:39 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The carbon reed question is already answered. If starting is good, the reeds are OK

The black piston crown is an indication that your mixture has been a bit rich. It looks OK though and nothing to worry about, and it will not harm the engine. In fact, it isolates the piston from the combustion heat, and should only be slightly smoothed for best engine performance.

If you store the engine for a longer period, a few drops of oil here and there , especially the bearings and piston skirt would be the right thing to do. Normally this is done on assembling the engine, when all parts are accessible.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:55 AM
k_jitsu

Thank you very much for your quick answers.
I feel more relaxed now ...

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Javier
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
danilo

Hallo there,
I have a problem on my new MVVS 58.
I Installed 22x10 3 blade prop from mejzlick.
Everythings it'ok at start. Engine starts normal - sometimes backward - RPM is 6600 -
After few minutes - maybe when it come hot - engine has a tendency to cut off starting from minimum to max.
I open needle L until 2/half turns. The needle H is at basic setting eg. 1 turn and ten minutes.
At this setting seems to improve but I am not sure.
Please Help me.

Danilo
Old 07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
pe reivers

Your L needle should be about 1 + 1/4 turn open. The H needle about the same amount.
At 1/3 rd throttle opening, the engine should be at the limit of running even, or just a little 4-stroking.
When you apply full throttle, and throttle is accepted quickly without hesitation, the L-needle is ok.
When at full throttle the rpm drops after a few seconds, the H-needle must be opened a bit more, until the engine holds steady rpm.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 AM
k_jitsu

Hi,

Mine needs 2 turns and 15 min for L and 2 turns for H. Otherwise, if I leaned the L, engine dies when advancing the throttle to full from a high idle. By the way, the H needle doesn't seem to have much effect ... May be somthing wrong?

Thanks a lot

PS my configuration was described before in this same post.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:15 AM
pe reivers

If you go past two turns, the needles will be almost off the taper and will no longer respond well to adjustments.
Check your carb and clean it real good, especially the mesh strainer underneath the pump cover (cast metal). Use a good filter in the fuel line.
Also check your pump pulse line. It may need extra clamping on the nipples. I use a small ring (about 5mm wide) cut from the same line that I expand and shove over the line ends. Expanding can be done using pointed pliers.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:50 AM
k_jitsu

Ok, Preivers, I'll do it. I'm nowadays using a good fuel filter, but I'll look for any dirt in the carb...
Thank you again.