Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Lanier 40% Edge build thread

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 40% Edge build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lanier 40% Edge build thread

I usually fly an average of four days per week, though this past month the average has been zero. Of course I did not make any money either because my company was kind enough to furlough me. So after a month of furlough I have been called back to a workforce with an extremely low morale, and will now be making 10-25% less than when I started here nearly a year ago, as well as the continuing possibility of another furlough, the company getting sold and me getting stapled to the bottom of a large list, or the company going out of business altogether. Other than that, yeah it's a great job.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:39 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many days a week do you fly? Did you used to fly in the military. What a wonderful job.

Haaa Haaaa Haaaaa you so funny..... Fly up to 5 days a week, myself 4. I will have 12 days off in April, the rest on the road. Count on half of them being 12hr days, fly for 6 hrs of that sit the rest. Oh yea get paid only for the 6. Then hit the hotel for our FAA mandated 8hrs rest. Soooo let see 1/2 hr spent from aircraft to hotel. Another 15 mins checking in and then off to the room. There goes 45min, now for the sleep part but lets not forget the time to wake up and get to the airport is also part of the rest time. So figure another 1hr here. That leaves about 6hrs 15min for sleep if your wound down. Oh yea this is minimum rest so at least you know you have to be at the hotel the next night within 16hrs of the start of your day.. Pays awesome though with the last raise some of our guys will no longer qualify for food stamps (yes we fly jets for a living) that could be a good thing. However nobody knows for sure because we can't just pick up and change jobs, if we do we go back to the bottom of the senority list and pay scale. That is why the companies can take things like pay and pensions without fear. Unless we change professions we can't really go anywhere else with out losing substansially.
Of course we work for two diffrent companies doing the same thing, we were ranked 5th in forbes mags best airlines and we are a regional.
We are still set to loose 69 aircraft starting in December, that equates to about 700 pilots who will run the risk of loosing a job.

Wouldn't pass it up for the world, once that door is shut behind us we have the best seat in the house....

Enough about the industry, FlyFalcons get that edge to Greensboro and finish it will ya....
Old 03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Oh you guys think you have to work alot, try being a radioligist! My dad has to work 7-6 days a week and the days that he does get of he's on call which means while he's sleeping if anyone needs help they dont mind waking him up at any time. He works 6 hours a day and almost no hours of sleep. But what I really whant to know is if you guys flew in the military? I dont care how bad you think your guys's jobs I admire them. I hope to be a pilot some day and I'd like to get some instructions on how to get their, I'd love your guys help!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:11 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

OK Guys, this plane is on sale again.....and im really tempted to buy one. they say it's laser cut this time on there site. has anybody done a mod to the stab. and put it on a tube.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis, I have cut my stab halves to accept a tube. Not sure how to secure it yet but I may just go with anti-rotation dowels and set screws in the stab tube. The die-cutting does take some effort to smooth out, so laser-cut parts would be very nice. For the sale pricing on this kit, it is definitely worth a look.