Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Decathalon power

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Tabushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite Super Decathlon 1.08 - 1.8 ... need help please ...

Hi Guys :

- Im about to start building this bird ... its a Super Decathlon from Dynaflite ...

- The only problem that i have is the ENGINE SELECTION ... so far i've been thinking about :

1.- OS 1.20 4 stroke
2.- Saito 1.80 4 stroke
3.- OS BGX 3500 (a little heavy and overpowered)
4.- RCS 1.80

... well ... mhh any idea on this list ?, or another one that i passed ? ... the only problem with RCS its the price, im from southamerica and import that gassers is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE (33% taxes over the price of the product+shippment) ...

... thanks a lot in advance ...

PAT
Old 07-15-2002, 01:11 PM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

I'd go with the OS 120, or the Saito 180. The 180 will give you lots more power, if thats what you want. If I had to make the choice, I'd go with the 180. That way, you can throttle back, and it would give you a more scale like sound, but you'd have the get up and go to do most anything.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:15 AM
Tabushi

Thanks a lot for your advice ...

Any other info would be appreciated ...

PAT
Old 07-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Bruiser
My Feedback: (1)

Default DynaFlite Decathlon

This seems to be a popular aircraft. I am building one now and it goes together fairly quick.

I am powering mine with a Quadra 35. There seems to be a lot of people using the smaller Quadra 35 and 40, the U.S. Engines 35 and 41, the Zenoah G23 and G38, and a few using the Fuji 32 gas engines. The people who are flying this combo's all seem pretty happy.

I have read two reviews where they used the Saito 1.80 and the reviewers liked the combo. I also read a review that used a Moki 1.35 and he said it was under powered for aerobactic flight.

So from the choice of engines you listed the Saito 180 would be my choice based on what I have read.

For more info on this airplane, do a search on RC Universe. There is alot of information there about it.

Hope this helps,
-Bob George
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Default Decathalon power

I built one when they first came out and installed a new Enya 1.55 4stroke in it and that was plenty of power.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:06 PM
Tabushi

i just made my desition ... i will mount a Saito 1.80 4 stroke, 24 oz greatplanes fuel tank and will fly with Heli Fuel 15% nitro 18% full sinthetic oil ... 5 Hitec 605 servos (high torque) ...

The engine will be mounted on dubro anti-vibration engine mounts ...

Thanks for all your help via this forum and on your emails ... i will post here any news about the construction and future flying ...