Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ez start question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:22 PM
scooby-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ez start question

i noticed today that when i first tried to start my motor tonight that it would the ez start turned the whole time i held the button, but sounded like it wasn't turning the engine the whole time. what does that mean? after i got it started i had no more probs. with it. is my ez start going out or something?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM
scooby-RCU

Default RE: ez start question

could it also be caused from to much after run oil?? because i bought a different brand and i use the same amount of drops i used from the other brand but it seems alot harder to turn the motor over with this brand of after run oil than it did with the other.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:07 PM
rangi

If I under stand you you are saying the electric motor on the EZ start was spinning but the nitro engine wasnt turning over.
If this is the case it is probibly the owb that conects to the end of the crank kind of, It could need a clean out with some wd40 just take it out and clean it and put it back together and try it' If that dont work you might need a new one.
Hope this helps
Old 08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
scooby-RCU

owb?? sorry still a newb here lol
Old 08-26-2006, 01:44 AM
rangi

sorry mate the owb is the one way bearing when you use the EZ start it spins and grabs the shaft then once the engine starts it lets go
If you go to traxxis.com and have a look around you will find exploded drawings of all the parts.
did I understand your question properly and what rc machine do you have??
If you need more help just keep replying here and tell us how you get on..