Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Poll, dual receivers & Batteries. Yes or No

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Poll, dual receivers & Batteries. Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redundancy

I've got to go with Diablo and the others. Two batteries into two separate switches, one PCM receiver. This is what I have in my birds and will continue to use in the future. Of course this is only up to 35% planes. If I were gonna use a boat load of digital servos (six on aileron, four on elevator, three or more on rudder) on a 40% or larger plane, I would definitely go with dual receivers.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:43 AM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Default Poll, dual receivers & Batteries. Yes or No

DB,

Could you post some pictures of your power distribution block? I have been think of building one but have some doubts about the best method (read materials, size, connections,...) to use. I have to always try an build it myself and if I fail then I go to the hobby shop.

Vicar
Vicar - sorry I didn't reply sooner. I wasn't ignoring you, I was trying to reply to this post when the RCU server crashed and never got back to this.

As far as pictures, next time I take that part of the plane apart I will be more than glad to post pix of my wiring harness/power distribution system. But PLEASE, here's the caveat: You must be absolutely confident about your soldering skills!

I will try to draw up a diagram that I can PDF and PM to you or post here.

Later!

DB
Old 01-14-2003, 02:13 AM
vicarh
My Feedback: (1)

Default Poll, dual receivers & Batteries. Yes or No

DB,

The diagram will do, I am fairly confident of my soldering abilities. On the orther hand, I will make one, if it does not work, I'll try again...

Thanks, Vicar