Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage x diff beef ups

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Revo Eater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage x diff beef ups

You didn't install it correctly or didn't have your diffs properly shimmed. 99% of this crap is user error.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Revo, go tell the guys at Savage-Central that. if you go to the General forum there, you'll easily find the threads in which I have contributed

If you had a rear bearing go out, it's your fault for lack of maintenance
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Revo, go tell the guys at Savage-Central that. if you go to the General forum there, you'll easily find the threads in which I have contributed

If you had a rear bearing go out, it's your fault for lack of maintenance
What do I do to maintain a BRAND NEW BEARING?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
muffman

I to have wasted the diff ring gear in my X ,but I have to say it took Big Joe 40's, lot's of air
and a bad landing,with just enough throttle to still have the clutch ingaged.I herd and felt it when it hit
the ground...................MY BAD............. it was the rear diff,I was able to quickly move the front to the
rear and continue bashing in 2 wheel drive. It does great in 2 wheel drive !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: muffman

I to have wasted the diff ring gear in my X ,but I have to say it took Big Joe 40's, lot's of air
and a bad landing,with just enough throttle to still have the clutch ingaged.I herd and felt it when it hit
the ground...................MY BAD............. it was the rear diff,I was able to quickly move the front to the
rear and continue bashing in 2 wheel drive. It does great in 2 wheel drive !!!!!!!!!!
Sweet. Thats a great idea.

Since you have the easy access X-diff housings, that probaly only took you about 20min tops to switch them around.