Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Borken Tail

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Bobsta92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borken Tail

My firebird commander 2 broke the tail fin and im not sure how to fix it. If anyone has any advice please tell me.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:23 PM
dshemelrick

Default RE: Borken Tail

Go to hobby shop and buy new tail assembly,i went through five sets before my commander got a mind of its own and flew away never to be seen again,youll go through a few so get a couple extras
Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 AM
scoooper

Default RE: Borken Tail

Bobsta92; My LITTLE BUB's in our nab, club (mullets mauraders) are tough on plane's (FEARLESSLY so) and we fix a bunch of em, anyhoo, if ya live a long ways from anywhere, an can't afford new stuff anyways, do what we do an get some slab balsa (3/16 or 1/4 inch) it may sound thick an heavy but stick with me here, Draw the tails out on balsa an cut em out , now stack em an drill staggered 5/8's or 1/2" though both at the same time ( so they'll be even without a mess of "lay-out time") now sand the poo-poo squat out of em to thin em an petty'em up a bit Epox with 30 min stuff ( slower cure= strong bond!) after it kicks (dry's to touch)add a peice of balsa to center of V to help stif'in her up a might, I used longer bolts but if you use the top brace'in V from your old tail an the stock finger bolts keep it thin enough to get em through, I covered mine with iron-on monocoat you could LITE PAINT but try an keep the#'s down, I'd be happy to send you enough ( monocoat to do your tail so you don't have to buy a whole roll, just e-mail me you address an I'll send you a piece, your bub, steve PS let me know what color you want an I'll try to match it Got yellow , white, black an some burgandy I think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98404.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	521932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17950.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	521933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21389.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.8 KB