Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Jeti Advance 12 Plus and AXI 2212/34?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Jeti Advance 12 Plus and AXI 2212/34?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
tenkisan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeti Advance 12 Plus and AXI 2212/34?

Hi guys, I'm reconfiguring my Ultrafly Cessna 180 with a brushless motor and I've run into a gee whiz question. I have a Jeti Advance 12 Plus controller and want to mate it with an AXI 2212/34 brushless motor. The specs on the Jeti say it provides 12 amps continuous. The motor says it can handle 10 Amps max for 60 seconds. Do I risk burning up this motor by using this controller? I plan on using the TW-1800XP-3S Lithium Polymer battery with it. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jeti Advance 12 Plus and AXI 2212/34?

The ESC rating, in this case 12 amp. is not what it provides, it is the maximum current it can handle. You will want to check what the current draw for the Axi 2212/34 is with the prop you choose to use, I believe they recommend a 11-5.5 on 3S lipo and it should draw less than the 10A the motor is rated at, so you should be fine, but ideally if you did not already have the Jetti 12A controller, it would be better to choose one more in the 15 to 18A range as the ESC is the component most prone to overheating and failure if pushed to its limits, again it is the motor that is drawing the current thru the speed controller, not the controller providing the current, that is determined by the voltage of the battery and the load that the motor/prop combination draws. Good luck.
Pete