Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Throttle Understeer issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Roy Dietsch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Understeer issue

I have a Tamiya Miata from the M-04 Chassis. It has some wicked throttle understeer most likley having to do with the weight distribution. Has anyone corner weighted one of these things? I would like to keep the chassis close to stock, no hacking or anything but need to move the weight a little closer to the front. Any ideas? Also does anyone make a rear bar for the chassis? Is there a certain alignment setting I should be using?
Thanks,
Roy
www.beatracing.com
Old 09-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Throttle Understeer issue

Here's a idea. How about adding another battery cell towards the front? That way you don't just add useless weight to it, but more weight that serves a purpose. You could also just add some lead weights to it. They sell lead weights at hobby stores for balanceing RC planes that would probably work well.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
WalawalaStore

Default RE: Throttle Understeer issue

Hi,

I had the M-04M before with Alfa Romeo body. I had used Tamiya Fl coated shocks on it. The steering of this car is very sensitive but very hard to control. The front dampers are very slanted and bounce back slowly once they dropped. Therefore, you get lots of steering while exiting corners, the feeling is like the back chasing the front.

If you experience understeer on throttle, you can use harder rear springs, lower front ride height, use thicker grease for the gear diff. I assume you have a stock kit.

Thx

Joaquim