Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Did you have to adjust your SavageX tranny from factory setting?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Did you have to adjust your SavageX tranny from factory setting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
mhovanes21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you have to adjust your SavageX tranny from factory setting?

I was wondering if anyone had to adjust their transmission from the factory setting. I had just finished my break in period so I opened up the throttle from time to time to adjust my HSN. I had it to a point where there was just enough smoke to be visible @ full throttle. Then, I was at full throttle going down an incline and all of the sudden the engine tone changed and the Savage took off like a bat outta hell!!! Up until that point, what I thought was top speed was only 1st gear LOL.

The tranny wasn't shifting so I gave it a 1/2 turn counterclockwise. It started to work a little better but I remember someone saying that you should barely be able to tell when the truck shifts into 2nd....not the case here. The transistion into 2nd is anything but smooth. For example, even after the 1/2 turn it pulled a wheelie in the grass for about 5ft when it shifted.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:00 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Did you have to adjust your SavageX tranny from factory setting?

i had to adjust mine mine would shift right out of the hole.............LITTERALLY it was shift while it was wheeling................ now i have it set perfect (i dont rember how many turns i did tho) and its weird how people say you cant hear it............i can hear it perfect.........................
Old 09-21-2006, 09:23 AM
buggymangp

no.
mine shifts great right out of the box.
i can hear mine shift all the time.
even my nieghbor next door to me asked.
are you shifting that?? or is it doing it itself.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:14 PM
mhovanes21

ok good to know I don't have a lemon.