Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

is my battery charger ruined?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:32 PM
redfox03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is my battery charger ruined?

i got one of those cheap $7 ofna wall chargers, and my dog chewed the red end off it and just left the wires alone. would i be able to still charge my rx packs if i just touch the negatives to the negs and pos to the pos on the battery or what? need some way to charge my batts till i get a new charger.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:26 AM
iceman11756

Default RE: is my battery charger ruined?

i aam new to the sport, but i guess if u connect it like it connects to the charger, and put some rubber around the exposed wire, then i dont c y it shouldnt.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
muddymoose92

If it only cost your $7, buy a new one, and I suggest not leaving it out where he can get to it.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
125cchyperman

I have personally done that but I used some allegator clips but it's not safe at all though. You can do it as I have but make sure you look after it. Make sure your dog does not get to it while it is charging as if he/she does, he/she will get a shock that they might not come back from. Thats 120 volts , now volts are not what kills you but the amperes do. I think it's like .13 milliamperes can kill a person if it crosses the heart. Now thats for a human and ther's a lot more then .13 milliampers that come from the the 110 volt sockets. And dogs are smaller then we are so be very careful, do it in a dry place and make sure that your dog(s) are not around that they can get to it.

As I said they could end up dead and I'm sure that your parent(s), brother(s), sister(s) or wife or who ever lives with you will like that. As it's not great and I'm sure it would smell really bad.

Good luck and be safe. Just be safe
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
R/C fan-addict

don't even think about using the charger! I'm sure it could still be used for a couple times safely but I personally would never take the risk! I highly advise you not to use the charger again! I know quite a bit about chargers and have had 2 blow on me. It is not fun! Trust me it is not worth the risk.