Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Adjustable pipes & set pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:21 PM
153stars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable pipes & set pipes

I'm just getting into dirt ,xxxnt, MBX5 prospec.I'm a boat racer and there is now way i could use a preset pipe.Longer gives more power, shorter more rpms until you go too far in & then pull it back out a little.Try a bigger prop and you have to lengthen pipe, on a shorter corse you might have to do the same.Arent you loosing a tuning tool. You could pull your pipe out a little on a tighter course .This is only my second post so please don't jump my ***** because you think your pipe is the second coming of.....Rc univers rocks though[8D][8D][8D],,
Old 09-25-2006, 03:06 PM
ross_jsy

Default RE: Adjustable pipes & set pipes

huh wth was that about lol
Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't actually worry too much about the pipe. They can have a big effect of the performance of your engines but the way cars are driven is so much different than boats that pipe tuning doesn't ever need to change much. First of all, for the xxx-nt, just use the losi drake pipe and you won't have to go looking for anything else. 1/8th scale buggy's on the other hand are a little more sensitive. But the general rule of thumb is to buy a pipe to match your engine. Example, using a high rpm pipe for a high revving engine or torque pipe for an engine with great low end. That will usually give you the best overall performance for that motor.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
153stars

Like i said someone always got smart comment. LOO LOL POL MOL GHT blme If i can follow your myspace type maybe you can read between lines.Or maybe you don't truly don't understand tuned pipe theory
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

The distance between the header and pipe effects quite a lot in engine output and most of the companies offer pipe sets nowadays, non adjustable and don't use old days couplers anymore. Fix distance.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
ross_jsy

If i can follow your myspace type
ha i didnt even know wat my space was till a few days ago and im still not sure either. just because i used an abbreviation instantly catorgorises me as a "my space type". lol(if i may be so bold) that makes most of the guys on this forum a "my space type" then.

what i meant was that it did not make that much sense. i knida get the drift of wat you aresaying but im not sure if you are reffering to cars or boats.

btw i know quite a bit about tuned pipes