Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What kind of poo is this?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 PM
RS4 Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of poo is this?!

My Savage 25 is giving me some serious problems... I was driving it the other day, just having a leisure little drive when all of the sudden, the truck stops moving. I thought that I had stripped the spur gear or something, so I went over to check it out. I discovered that one of the back wheels melted through where it is bolted to the "axle"! How did this happen? Does anyone have any ideas? I also discovered that the front bol on the same side was loose. It is the side with the silver bolts and nuts, so its threaded the other way to prevent this sort of problem... Could I possibly have put the silver and black "axles" on the wrong sides after a rebuild?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: What kind of poo is this?!

say hello to the crappy wheels HPI equipped the savage with! They are very weak and a lot of people have had the hex part just melt, just get a new set of wheels...
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

HPI stuff... Basicly the hex is too small and material is not strong enough to withstand the weight and the big wheels of the Savage. Get aluminum ones as replacements, you should be fine. HPI offers 17mm aluminum hex conversion (same as nitro buggies) and Pro-line has 23mmm ones, those should be strong enough but will require different rims.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
ross_jsy

i am currently running 23mm hexes on my lst. that has an lrp spec 3 throwing crazy power and they never strip. whereas another of my trucks has the 14mm hexes and after about a gallon they died on me. if your driveshafts arent on the wrong side then try using a bit of BLUE loctite. just dont use red.