Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

My Savage 25 is possessed! Need tuning help!

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My Savage 25 is possessed! Need tuning help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My Savage 25 is possessed! Need tuning help!

Well i got my savge 25 the other day. It is used but seemed to run very well. I tuned it a little bit from what i know, BUT after about 2 tanks of gas it started acting crazy. I wasent even pushing to accelerate it and it just took off lol. It almost went into the street and got crushed but i managed to stop it. SO i figured it was the slow speed idle screw? So i figured i needed to richen it a bit? So i turned it counter clockwise and NOTHING same thing. So i thought ok i'll lean it out and Again nothin except it died right off the start. I'm lost? HELP!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
JUCD VPR

Default RE: My Savage 25 is possessed! Need tuning help!

Keep in mind this happened after 2 tanks of nitro. It ran great for the first two tanks, BUT even when i first started out playing with it it seemed to rev high just sitting there, acting like it wanted to go but it never really did. Also if i pick it up off the ground the wheels start spinning fast. Not real fast but pretty fast.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
benzzyo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would set the needles back to factory and sseal the engine, look how to seal the engine here

http://www.phpbbserver.com/rcworld/v...mforum=rcworld
Old 11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
senator050

Hey Bro go back to the start and tune again ,try not to play with the low end needle,Bring this back out flush with the end of slide,Screw the main in till it stops then screw out 2.5 turns this will give you back to basics then start all over again 1/8 of a turn for all adjustments no more than this and keep going till you hit the sweet spot and you will know when that happens.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

To me it sounds more like a radio or interference problem. It was running fine and all of a sudden tried to run away.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:17 PM
JUCD VPR

So to get back to factory settings i screw the high speed screw all the way CLOCKWISE? and then 2 1/2 turns COUNTERCLOCKWISE. Right?
What about the low speed, what if the factory setting for that? Just flush with the end of the slide?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:19 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: 46u

To me it sounds more like a radio or interference problem. It was running fine and all of a sudden tried to run away.
I thought that could be it also. BUT before i even ran the two tanks of fuel i could get it adjusted right and whenever i picked it up it spun the wheels fast. The whole time it seemed like it wanted to run away but never did.
As far as the radio, it totally shut down and wouldn't go at all, just sat their idling, so i switched off the control and back on right away and it worked again?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

does this truck have a fail safe? if so it sounds like your batts are dying and your failsafe isnt set right.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: MAMMOTH TOUGH

does this truck have a fail safe? if so it sounds like your batts are dying and your failsafe isnt set right.
I have no idea what a fail safe is?
But most of the batteries (8) are brand new. I will get 4 new ones and see if that is the problem?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:05 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Seeing how he said that his truck tried to take off id say its either
a) the engines idle being set to high rolling away from him
b) the batteries are dying or theres some sort of interference.

Solution to a, if theres a light on your radio and its flashing replace the batteries. OR replace all the batteries in the truck and radio.

b) reset needles to stock and go from there.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:56 PM
nayslayer

I agree, set carb back to factory settings, replace batteries in the truck, and make sure the idle screw is also set correctly. Could there also be a clutch issue?