Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 3 speed won't shift

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 PM
signa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 3 speed won't shift

Tranny has about 15 tanks on it with an OS 30 and it's stuck in one gear, 2nd or 3rd I'm not sure. Any ideas on how to fix it? Could it just be an adjustment?

I'd like to fix it without running it as I've got a new MGT .28 engine that's never been run and I'd like to sell the truck with a brand new, never run engine.

Do do think I can fix and set it up approx. without any real testing?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
savycharlie

Default RE: Savage 3 speed won't shift

have you checked the tranny ajustment screw.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 PM
SpeedAddict

How are you supposed to know when to have it shift?? Do you just go by sound and speed (when it doesn't go any faster)???
Old 11-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Flaming Tire

If your engine is screaming and the truck isn't going above like 15mph, its probably stuck in first. If the truck has no low end and you can't hear it shift, its probably stuck in second or third.

The truck should shift once its through its powerband. The truck should always be accelerating, it shouldn't be reving and waiting for the next gear to kick in. Shifting too soon is better then too late.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM
boydie1

Also check how tight the nut on your slipper clutch is, if that loosens you loose gear changes. How good are your clutch shoes also? Does your savage definitely have 4WD and you haven't lost a screw out of one of the drive cups? These are simple checks before adjusting transmission shift points