Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ram500 spool down time

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ram500 spool down time

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Angus McDonald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram500 spool down time

Hey Ram Guys, I have Ram500 with about 19hrs on it, it runs absolutely perfect, starts everytime and never had a flame out. I do have a question about the significance of spool down time (the time from when you shut the engine off until the electric motor kicks in to aid in cooling). Currently it's reading 34 seconds, over the last 15 flights it has gained 4 seconds. Is this a concern? why the increase in time? are the bearings wearing?

Thanks for reading

Angus
Old 11-07-2006, 12:49 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ram500 spool down time

You needed new bearings about 8 seconds ago. Increasing spool down times equate to less preload from bearing wear. Scott
Old 11-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Angus McDonald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram500 spool down time

Thanks Scott, I spoke with Carlos this morning and he comfirmed your reply.....not that I questioned it, Carlos did say the bearings could still be good and that it just requires some shims to fix the preload situation.....somthing along those lines anyway.

So off it goes from the winter months of Canada to Sunny Warm Florida[][]

Angus