Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Smokieflame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth?

I have an HPI Savage SS 4.6. HS-5945 Steering servo, JR Z270 Throttle Servo, Savage X tranny Case, 3 Speed Tranny, Intigy Tranny Plate, Initgy Gas Tank Safety Plate Both Intigy parts are HPI Purple), Hot Bodies Duel Chambered Desiel Style Pipe (VERY Load), Big Joes 40 Series Tires (ProLine), 40 series rims and adapters, 1600mAh OFNA battery pack, Motor Savers Air Filter, JR XR2i Radio system, 2 Bodies the Stock for romping and a HPI El Camino SS body painted professionally with SS racing stripes.

I am not looking to sell it or anything else I have via this forum so please do not ask these items will be properly posted shortly.

If anyone has an idea of what this truck would sell for that would be great. I am not looking for a low price fast sell nor do I want to be selling it for the next 7 months. It is a sweet truck, it is in perfect condition with 1/2 gallon fuel put thru it. The rims are undamaged, the steering servo is a high torque digital servo that retailed for $90 when it was sold. I paid $120 for the Hot Bodies pipe and it adds some SERIUS low end torque and is VERY loud. Nothing is damaged on this truck, it will come ready to run (besides the tune). Any ideas would be appriciated.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:33 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Worth?

Add up what you've spent on it and divide by 2. That will put you in the ballpark.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Dont make him feel too bad
Old 11-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Smokieflame

Please I am not looking for smart remarks or simpithy. I am only looking to sell a few items. This is not the only item I am selling. I ran a hobby shop for awhile so what I spent on the items is not my concern. I want good fair ideas of there value, I am not selling off everything and getting out of the hobby, I still have 2 trucks that are heavily modified aswell as 4 planes still.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 AM
DaveG55

OK, let me rephrase,
Add up what the costs would have been at retail and divide that by 2.

Most experenced rc'rs dislike spending all that much on a used vehicle.
Personally, I never buy used unless I figure in the cost of a new engine...no matter how new or well cared for it's claimed to be. I'm also leary of heavily modded vehicles. You just never know if the person who made the mods was competent not to mention that modded vehicles are often driven very hard.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

No one is trying to make smart remarks they are trying to help as used RC stuff you are lucky to get half of what you got in it if that! I have an HPI Rush I had over $700 in it and had a hard time getting $175 for it. RC stuff dopes big time in value once you take it out of the box!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
-whitey-

strange how rc lose so much value just by leaving the store yet a dirt bike loses barely any value.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:05 PM
benzzyo5

yeah quads too. i bought mine for 4800 and new it was 5500, it's 04
Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

i know you guys were being serious, it is just hard to think that it is only possible to get half of what you pay for the thing. But that is the way it goes.
Dirtbikes are getting rediculously pricey these days. Like 6000 for a cr450f.
Come on!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:36 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

That is why most of the ones I do not run or run much any more I just let them set on the self. I know what you mean as in 1971 I paid $2,100 for a new Harley and in 2001 I paid over $20,000 for the one I have now.