Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

plans for r/c harrier jet

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

plans for r/c harrier jet

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:41 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plans for r/c harrier jet

I've seen it done DF version before... Unfortunately, not with the ability to vector the thrust for the vertical take-off. I doubt that was practical 10-12 years ago when I saw the plane.
With the assistance of the modern autopilots and gyros... it MIGHT be possible to get the VTO now. THAT would be impressive.

Check the plans lists from Model Aviation and RC Modeler. I'd bet they have a plan set for it. (without vectorable thrust)
Old 08-02-2002, 03:57 PM
00hex

Default check out this website

Some information on an electric X-35:

http://www.awatson1.fsnet.co.uk/
Old 01-04-2003, 05:39 AM
pard

go here to find out Text
Old 02-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Scale Freak

I remember seeing an article about 15 years ago, (no age jokes now!!) about a guy in England who was building a Harrier with variable geometry nozzles. He had it almost complete but had not flowen it last I heard.
I wish I had more for you to go on, but perhaps that gives you a place to start.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:22 PM
leemolyneux

Hi my name is lee and I come from England.
I know live on Ibiza in the balearics....
Unfortunately the man you mention has sadly passed away...he was working on such a ducted fan vectorable system....

I have been playing around on and off for a while and have seen a few able to take off and land verticaly.

If you like I will pull out all my old plans and put something together for you...it's really very basic using i/c ducted fan and usual helli stuff... with the DirvDish(my own design)....

E-mail me and I'll send you my plans... to be honest I got a little bored and started working on flying saucers it's so much more fun and people keep reporting sightings.

Lee molyneux
[email protected]