Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CENTURY JET...WHAT IS UP?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CENTURY JET...WHAT IS UP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTURY JET...WHAT IS UP?

Anyone tried to reach Century Jet recently? I have sent them a few emails and got no response and have called and got some strange answering machine. I have spoken with them as recently as three or four weeks ago, just cant raise them now, anyone have any information.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Roger Shook
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: CENTURY JET...WHAT IS UP?

They had the roof cave in on their building during a huge storm that went thru there a while back. But they do always seem to have some excuse!!
Roger
Old 11-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

define a while back?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:29 PM
iiievolution

I ordered a few pilots from them last week and received them yesterday, so they must be ok (I also live in the other side of the world)

Thanks Paul
Old 11-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Roger Shook
My Feedback: (19)

I don't know the time and date, just that was their excuse the last time I talked with them. About a month ago.
Roger
Old 11-24-2006, 10:49 AM
1tblake

On 11/5/06 I sent an e-mail regarding their Demonstrator Cougar, the exact same Cougar that is shown on their web site, I purchased from Bruce 3 1/2 years ago. After I sent my RAM 1000 and JR10X to have this equipment installed I flew down in my C-421 to pick up my new prize, I was assured it was "ready to fly". Unfortunately, I did not fly it until recently. Immediately after its first takeoff it took an inordinate amount of right aileron trim to keep it from rolling to the left. After landing I performed an extensive inspection and discovered that the right wing had positive incidence and the left wing had negative incidence inappropriately built into it. Then I looked up their web site centuryjet.com for the Cougar and discovered that the three pictures showing this bird (2) in flight and (1) on the ground have large amounts of "right aileron trim" confirming that it was in this condition long before I purchased it from Bruce. I have asked for assistance from CJM on the proper way to repair this aircraft and have yet to receive any comments from them. I have since repaired it myself and am looking forward to flying it soon. As they say, "Buyer beware".

Terry
Old 11-24-2006, 01:26 PM
PhilLin

It is the national Thanksgiving Day weekend down here. (Canada had its Thanksgiving Day last month). Maybe you can try again next week.

Phil