Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ak models engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:40 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ak models engines

Can anyone tell me if these are good reliable engines.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32280.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	573275  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Flyer Freq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ak models engines

These engines are imported as SPE 26 and SPE 40. The stock units have a somewhat "iffy" ignition system, and no real customer support, if you have a problem. There are two companies, that are building these engines, from the imported SPE parts. They are BCMA Engines and Brillelli engines. They have a superior ignition, and the engines are run and the ignition adjusted for optimum performance. There are some other differences, as well, which make the BCMA and Brillelli engines superior and worth the extra money. The customer support from these two companies is excellent. I have the BCMA 40(SPE 40), and am very pleased with it. I hope to get the 26CC, soon. Adam, the owner of BCMA Engines has helped me a great deal, with my introduction to gassers. There are fantastic threads on the BCMA and Brillelli engines. You can believe all the great things you read about these companies. Have fun with your research!!!

Andy
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
TERRAVITA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ak models engines

JEFK
read our posts on forum AK-MODELS GOOD? BAD? UGLY

Read posts on BCMA forum. BCMA no longer selling SPE 40 due to problems with engines. BRILLELI still selling modified SPE 40. Original ignition modules sucked. AK-MODELS will not stand behind 2 year warranty. BCMA came to our rescue, no charge!!!