Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

sts 28 carb on s-25?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts 28 carb on s-25?

One of my friends fried his sts 28 in under 1 gallon, he just sucks at tuning. I took it apart for him because he just doesnt have the time or the tools. Last time he ran it the temp went up to 350 and he was running it like this for a good 20 to 30 mins before i asked him to bring it in to check the temp. Long story short, the piston has a slight curve going inward at the top and theres little to no compression left. He still has an s-25 but wasnt using it because it had the same problem lots of other have with the carb getting lose and staying lose. Will the sts carb work on the s-25? The reason i ask is because usually when people replace the carb on their s-25 they go with something from a .26 but im wondering if a .28 carb will make a difference.

Right now his options are to get a new engine or replace the carb on the s-25 or put the sts carb on the s-25. What would you do?

P.S. The hsn on the sts was at 1 turn from fully closed, i guess he'll have to learn the hard and expensive way.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:05 PM
benzzyo5

Default RE: sts 28 carb on s-25?

it won't fit it's to big
Old 12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: sts 28 carb on s-25?

A new carb is around $50-60, which is almost half the price of a new engine. I'd recommend something like the Dynamite Mach .26 or Mach .28, since it has a oversized cooling head, its a little more forgiving on the tuning then a full out racing engine. Also, (don't know if this really does anything), it has a natural crankcase, rather than a black crankcase, which may help dissipate heat. The Dynamite Mach is also the same engine as the SH .26, which is also the same engine as the XTM 24.7 (at least that is what I've heard). But it all, teach him how to tune. Someone that doesn't have the time to maintain their equipment shouldn't be in the hobby.