Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What does a 1 way diff. do and can it be advantage towards me

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What does a 1 way diff. do and can it be advantage towards me

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:17 AM
CruzNlife1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does a 1 way diff. do and can it be advantage towards me

I have a Nitro RS4 2 Pretty hopped up so far,

(( 2-speed, OS motor, cvec pipe, aluminum and carbon everything, futaba electronics, tensioners, filters, etc.))

I've been looking at these 1 way diffs for the front of my rig, what do they do, and will they be beneficial to me ??

I drive on weekends when i have time, or wow my co-workers, if i have my car with me after work.... I do mostly racing on some tighter technical tracks, but then i do alot of late night parking lot bashing with some friends, jumping off curbs, LOONG straight high speed runs etc.... I was hoping for something with little maintenance, well as much maintenance as the stock one is now, i will be changing gearing for more accelleration as I hardly ever bring my car to max speed.... Let me know guys thanks....
Old 01-28-2003, 02:50 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

The biggest benefit of the front oneway diff is when applying the brakes into a corner, the oneway will allow the front wheels to continue to spin and keep traction going into the corner under hard braking, then when you apply the throttle again the car will be 4wheel drive again. Makes for excellent power slides.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:55 AM
CruzNlife1

So it freewheels the front wheels ?? That's freakin awesome lol.... Maybe i'll pick one up, thanks.... I love slides =) What is it like a bicycle when you stop applying power it freewheels.... So if your not on the gas, the front wheels just disengage from the driveline ?? Thanks guys !