Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc lights

Does [link=http://www.rc-lights.com/products/cars_trucks.htm]rc lights[/link] make good products? I was looking at some of the car/truck systems and they seem bright and clean. I like the throttle switch deal that turns on the brake lights only when actually braking and the high mcd rating. Has anyone tried these lights before?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:19 PM
krazor

Default RE: rc lights

I had some on my XTR3E

i got some LEDs off ebay for dirt cheap £2.00 for 10 white 100000mcd and £1 for 30 red 5000mcds
I made some mounts using polymorph and glued them to the shell and got a cheap switch and rigged it up using an elstic band

The leds were designed for 12v so i didnt even bother to put resistors on them and powered them from the cars hump pack.

They worked well but getting the front lights to point in the right direction was a pain
Old 12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

You knew that I would respond, Hands. In fact, I am shocked to find you making such a post. I distinctly remember you saying that you could do the "LED light system yourself for less than $15"

But since you asked....I shall answer with some facts. I have to say that we will gladly pit our system against theirs....and we feel confident that the outcome will be in our favor. They use an external power supply....we do not. They do not have color LEDs over 8000mcds.....we do....in fact, ours are made to our specs.. RC-lights does not list us as the competition......because we are truly the number 1 supplier in the world(we are known in over 50 countries).

Will they work?....Of course......can you make your own?.....absolutely. Will they be as good as our system?.....well,1) we know for a fact they won't be brighter(at least the colored LEDs). 2) We use the power supply that already exist in your R/C. No extra batts, brackets, weight, etc.. 3)Our warranty is LIFETIME>>>>>>NO ONE offers that!!!!! 4)The system is ready to install....all necessary wiring and lenses included....not brackets, glue, screws, etc.. 5)Coming in 2007, we will have our MaxxSwitch....it will allow the user to turn on/off the lights from the Tx AND will operate BOTH the tail lights and brake lights......without needing a micro switch. 6)In fact, we will be the first to offer brake lights on electric vehicles with ESCs!!! 7) I could go on....but, I should wait till we have the products in stock before announcing them. We really have a BIG year coming up for us.

You had mentioned before that Maxxlights were "junk".....was this from experience.....or were you just judging? Cause if it was personal experience, our LIFETIME warranty will take care of that problem. If you were judging......what made you decide to say such a thing? I really feel we can make a believer out of you.....but, are you willing to try them?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:59 PM
hands without shadows

Wow ob1n, did you even read the rules when you signed up here? Your not an RCU banner advertiser so your not allowed to start threads about your lights like you did awhile back......your not allowed to have your company name or URL in your signature.....and your not allowed to post in threads about a competitor.

All Im trying to do is look up these lights for a friend who wants something factory, he cant get it through his skull that he'll be paying 40 bucks for 5 bucks worth of parts, but thats fine with me as he has enough money to blow and its his choice. I dont remember calling your lights junk, just that there not worth the money and I stick by that and I think it of this company too. I'm not gona pretend that I didnt think you would respond, but wanting you to respond is something else.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
ob1n

Wow hands.....get bent out-of-shape cause the facts are the truth. True, I did start a forum....didn't realize that it was wrong....I am sorry.....but, I am processing to do it the "right way" as we speak. I will admit to that.

And I apologize....in your original post, you did not specify you were "looking for some for a friend". So, one can only assume that it was you. I will admit to that also.

As far as the rules are concerned.....since you are highly aware of them.....you don't "flame" anyone in the forums.....and, yes, you did call them junk....if you'd like, I can send you the post....for I copied it since I thought you might deny it later. In fact, I have 3 seperate posts of yours which were not very "friendly" in nature from that very forum.....All I did was make the mistake of starting a forum without the proper procedure....and the first post from you(as well as the others) were not professional in any way.

So, as I like to look at it......you started it......But, now....I will finish it!!! I hope that you can be human enough to do the same. Goodbye.....and good luck with you endeavor, whatever it may be.

Sincerely,

Ob1n
Old 12-27-2006, 04:52 PM
hands without shadows

I realize my posts were not very friendly but I expressed my opinion honestly as did other people. All this thread was for was to get some feedback on rclights, not to receive a massive advertisement for maxxlights. I don't see anything wrong with your product but the price. I apologize for not specifying I was doing this for a friend. What I'm trying to say is I dont have anything against you personally.

On another subject..................Will the maxxswitch be available separately? I suppose since it doesn't need a switch for brakelights it plugs into the receiver and will therefore also work on electric vehicles? I have to say if it is I will be purchasing one, it seems like it will be a mint product.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:23 PM
ob1n

There.....now that is over with....I feel better.

Yes, the MaxxSwitch will be available seperately.....watch our website for when it will be available......and email us personally if you have anymore questions that I can help you with. Thank you so much for your honesty and we will be talking to you soon.

Sincerely,

Ob1n
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
krazor

urmm can i have some lights for free to test to make sure there bright enough ect and that there compatible with my shell
Old 12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
ob1n

I just LOVE these fellas with the sense of humor!!!!![:-] Hey.....I won't answer your question in the forum....cause, it's not my post. But, still you are funny
Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 AM
fugadude

I too am curious as to why these light kits are 40 dollars. Are you guys paying college graduates to assemble them? heh In any case I know I can get 50 20,000 mcd LED's for 20 bucks on ebay I can even get them pre wired nice and clean. I can buy the y adapters to connect to the hump pack as well as a switch for about 5 dollars if I just buy some retail part. I can actually put lasers on my RC car (hahah) if I wanted for 2 dollars a laser. How bout that! Not to belittle your business I know a lot of people couldn't put them together and you save a lot of people time in finding parts and dealing with the hassle. In no way am I some kind of commie or anything, I mean good for you if you can make a sweet profit and grow your business. May you have lots of success
Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

It must be the 18000 mcd LEDs that you pay the big bucks for. I haven't ever seen em anyplace else.
I have been putting together my own light systems with 20000mcd whites and 5000 mcd colors, but If I had some spare cash I might think about picking up a set of these maxxlights.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
ob1n

Well....thanks for the response fugadude.....however, I'm not even gonna get started on what you can find on ebay.....one thing I will say is.....whatever you find on ebay is NOT what you get in our systems. As far as "$40" is concerned......depending on what you want.....it could be as little as $15 to $Thousands.....yes, we've done some MAJOR stuff for some really big boys and their toys....if you think we are expensive, try telling that to guys/gals that spend over $50,000 on computer controlled, 1/4 scale jets with 4 actual jet engines, etc., etc.. This is where, even I, am in disbelief. I've got some pics if you'd like to see. And what about those really pricey choppers with the turbine engines that cost around $5,000-$12,000 each?

So, if you've spent $20 on ebay, then you coulda had a simple system from us that includes everything you need to make it work and install with a LIFETIME warranty! Plus, now you got all this left over stuff lying around that is worth....what....2 cents a piece?! I mean, we are not talking about taping a couple of LEDs/Lasers on a body and calling it lights....no, we like a "cleaner" installation than that. And I am not trying to belittle you either .......but, we are a serious business the fulfills a serious need.

But, believe me....we haven't forgot about you guys that are short on cash either.....Hey, I was once in your position....and I haven't forgot where I came from(yet, we can't do this for free). Keep on the lookout this year for stuff that might be interesting to you....we've got a lot of new products/ideas to introduce this coming year. Thanks again for your honest response.