Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

newbie needs help

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 09:35 AM
socom3mang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needs help

i have had a rc car (nitro tc3) for a few months but havent been using it since i cracked 2 of the wheels... I need some quick advies tho.

I need to get tires/wheels for it... should I just buy them on ebay? I'm on a tight budget, so the cheaper the better.

Also, Does anyone know the name of the devise that stops your car if it goes out of range or batt. dies? Where can I get this?

Thanks -Chris
Old 12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
rcmaster5123

Default RE: newbie needs help

a fail safe, is what i think you are talking about. if you get wheels off ebay then you need to do two things, 1. check the persons feed back. 2. make sure the person is selling a new item or make sure it is free of defect, if it is used ask if it has defects. or ask about returns.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: newbie needs help

There is always a risk on buying on ebay. Wheels are not that expensive though, so compare prices from your local hobby shop vs brand new ones on ebay. Just keep in mind that you have to pay shipping on ebay. If the price is pretty much the same, I just get them from the hobby shops. Its also a good idea to ask if the seller will provide on-line tracking or delivery confirmation for the item when shipped or if you can add that option.

I bought a cheap failsafe too from ebay, and they work just like the more expensive name brands.

Just be carefull (or dont buy at all) on buying "AS IS" items, or unknown condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Mini-Failsaf...QQcmdZViewItem