Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Team Associated and the Ace Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Moonunit451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated and the Ace Jaguar

I am starting this thread as a spin off from the Which Radio post, to address the specific issues related to this problem. On Monday Jan 27th I provided input to Team Associated regarding the Ace Jaguar Radio included with their RTR RC10GT. Several other RCU members have experienced a variety of problems with this equipment. Mine simply fell apart.

There have been discussions about this on several posts over the past month or so. I think that there is general agreement that the overall quality of the truck is excellent but that the "Team" made a catastrophic blunder with the selection of this radio equipment.

The following relates my experience with Team Associated regarding this issue.

Here's the link to the page for Associated

http://www.teamassociated.com/index.htm

This is what I wrote them.
The ACE Jaguar radio supplied in the RTR rc10 gt kit is TERRIBLE! Mine fell apart after very little use. The Hitec Lynx radio provided with the previous generation RTR was far superior. In the RCU forum on Nitro cars there are several people experiencing similar problems. Your company is being bashed over this problem constantly. Also, the glo igniter in my kit went bad. I purchased this new in November.

Team Associated was very quick to respond to my input, however, Note that they offered no relief to the affected customers. I feel that they have done loyal customers quite a disservice here. Did anyone else receive a response from them? I'm going to start a new thread with this information

The following is their response to me in full.

Dear Colin,
>
> Unfortunately we have experienced the same problems that you have, not a
> great situation we agree but if we were not doing anything, it would be
> a huge problem! However, we are doing everything humanly possible!
>
> All current kits in stock at all distributors have been repaired and or
> replaced so this painful chapter will now be over and done with we are
> very happy to say. Any stores that have had problems are all taken care
> of and if there are any others out there that have not been taken care
> of we would welcome hearing from them.
>
> Actually the first two shipments of the kits including this radio were
> actually completely free of any problems, which any manufacture would be
> happy to be able to say, including Hitec. Then as we all know, things
> really started happening right as Christmas. Were not sure if there
> could be any worse time of the year to have this happen but if there is
> a worse time, we sure don't know when that would have been, so this just
> compounded an already unfortunate problem.
>
> In regards to your glo ignitor, it is of course guaranteed against
> manufacturing defects for 90 days with a proof of purchase. So if you
> have a receipt, send a copy with the unit and if it is defective from
> manufacturing, it will be replaced at no charge of course!
>
Regards,
Team Associated
3585 Cadillac Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

http://www.rc10.com/
http://www.teamassociated.com/

phone: (714) 850-9342
fax: (714) 850-1744
(Please copy and paste this entire message into any reply)
Old 01-29-2003, 09:14 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

For the record....I have stated my opinion about the "POS RADIO" from ACE....but I must also say....that "SO FAR"....mine has not fallen apart...or quit working. Of course that is only using it one time....so perhaps that may change in the near future.

That being said...it still is a sad radio to include with an RC rig that clearly states in the instruction manual....that RC cars/trucks "ARE NOT TOYS" and should not be driven without adult supervision. Can you imagine a young in-experienced person getting one of these radios and not knowing that their might be an impending problem which in turn could lead to serious injury?

ACE....Get it together! Your creating a wide gap between your customers and your "intended loyalty". Your "FIRST" obligation should be to customer safety....and by accepting inferior radio equipment such as the Ace Jaquar radios that many have received with their RC10GT Plus stadium trucks....you are in effect enabling a company to place faulty equipment into the hands of RC enthusiasts....young and old alike! Is this what you want your reputation to be based on? That is at this point becoming your downfall.

Please show your customers that you intend to rectify the situation immediately and enforce a recall on these radios "THAT YOU KNOW ARE DEFECTIVE" and have admitted to knowing that they are. How about it? Can we as customers rely on your worth as a company to take care of this matter?

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:27 PM
ringelbeast

Originally posted by crash_me_over
For the record....I have stated my opinion about the "POS RADIO" from ACE....but I must also say....that "SO FAR"....mine has not fallen apart...or quit working. Of course that is only using it one time....so perhaps that may change in the near future.

That being said...it still is a sad radio to include with an RC rig that clearly states in the instruction manual....that RC cars/trucks "ARE NOT TOYS" and should not be driven without adult supervision. Can you imagine a young in-experienced person getting one of these radios and not knowing that their might be an impending problem which in turn could lead to serious injury?

ACE....Get it together! Your creating a wide gap between your customers and your "intended loyalty". Your "FIRST" obligation should be to customer safety....and by accepting inferior radio equipment such as the Ace Jaguar radios that many have received with their RC10GT Plus stadium trucks....you are in effect enabling a company to place faulty equipment into the hands of RC enthusiasts....young and old alike! Is this what you want your reputation to be based on? That is at this point becoming your downfall.

Please show your customers that you intend to rectify the situation immediately and enforce a recall on these radios "THAT YOU KNOW ARE DEFECTIVE" and have admitted to knowing that they are. How about it? Can we as customers rely on your worth as a company to take care of this matter?

Thank you.

I could not have said it better myself. That is exactly how I feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when other companies build your product, and you put your name on it. "AE" should be thunder tiger.

Thank You
Old 01-29-2003, 10:51 PM
grampi

Moonunit451

Would you do us all a favor and post the email address that your message from AE was sent from? I've filled out their help form several times, and I've never received a response from them. Maybe if we all send them a message using the email address attached to your message we'll get some responses and action. I'd like nothing more than for them to say all the Ace radios will be trashed, and all the customers who received them, will get them replaced with good radios. I think they owe this to their customers.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Moonunit451

grampi,

Your wish is my command !

Reply-To: "Team Associated" <[email protected]>
Old 01-29-2003, 11:07 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I've seen these radios in action and I'm about to write them and e-mail and.. in a word.. (or two) say "shove it"
These things even feel cheap when you hold em..
Worst part is we have no choice but to pay for it even if we want to put in our own radio..
TA should make these things an option starting immediately so even if we have to shell out the xtra bucks.. we dont have to buy this freakin pos!!
Like I said, my lhs has a whole BUCKET FULL of these things waiting to be fixed/replaced!
-ram
Old 01-30-2003, 02:33 AM
grampi

I just heard back from the folks at AE. Their response was that they had an initial bad run of these radios and the problem is now worked out, and these radios are now under the quality control of AE. I wrote back to them and told them the problem is not worked out because many of these *****ty radios are still are still being delt with by the customers who have them, and that AE should do something about them. We'll se what their response is to that. I'm thinking that if enough people complain to them, maybe they'll offer something to those of us who got shafted with these crappy radios.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:55 AM
Moonunit451

You go grampi, I hope we can get enough interest here to get some results.