Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wings on savys

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
alex888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wings on savys

hey ive seen some pics of savage with spoilers. am jst woundering how would u put it on? what mount would u use?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: wings on savys

This is what im using, i had to mount it a little differently because i have lst shocks on it. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=3301
Old 01-02-2007, 07:04 PM
alex888

kool but these no bit to clip the wing on to. how does it work? u get any pics? u think the hyper7 mount and wing would fit on to the savage stock shock towers?
cheers mate
Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
-SomeGuy-

For some reason theres a piece missing on the new era web site [&:]. Anyways heres some pics of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81290.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	589244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22066.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	589245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90399.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	589246  
Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
groovethumper

nice truck, looks cool look with the wing. does it help any?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 PM
-SomeGuy-

Hey another Montrealer, cool. I dont think it helps the performance at all but it looks cool and thats why i got it. I dont have a wheelie bar on this truck at the moment so the wing is helping to bounce the truck back on its wheels, even though its not what it was designed to do, it does it well.

If you ever want to get together for some bashing drop me a pm, not going out much these days but allways looking forwards to the next time.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:00 AM
alex888

dude that is soo sweat!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
savycharlie

Does a wing help any?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:02 PM
groovethumper

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

Hey another Montrealer, cool. I dont think it helps the performance at all but it looks cool and thats why i got it. I dont have a wheelie bar on this truck at the moment so the wing is helping to bounce the truck back on its wheels, even though its not what it was designed to do, it does it well.

If you ever want to get together for some bashing drop me a pm, not going out much these days but allways looking forwards to the next time.
Man, I was out today for 2hours,burnt 500cc plus of fuel, and broke nothing (phew!). where did you buy the wing kit? Does it work with THE X? I would love to gettogether with another SAVAGE owner. for some fun. Does anybody know of a good way to waterproof tires, mine fill with water and everything gets off balance. Peace.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
madmouse

i have a tekno mount with a hand mad brace to hook it up to the tower !
heres a link to my pics.
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/madmouse1982/
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: groovethumper

Man, I was out today for 2hours,burnt 500cc plus of fuel, and broke nothing (phew!). where did you buy the wing kit? Does it work with THE X? I would love to gettogether with another SAVAGE owner. for some fun. Does anybody know of a good way to waterproof tires, mine fill with water and everything gets off balance. Peace.
I got the kit off ebay but you can get it from newera , i cant see any reason why it wouldnt work with the X. Where do you go bashing? I usually go to the mont-royal as i live 5 mins from there. The only way i could think of waterproofing tires is to plug the holes on the inside of the rims BUT if you do this they will be more bouncy, i guess thats better than getting off balance though.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
a8man

This is what im using, i had to mount it a little differently because i have lst shocks on it. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=3301
You guys think that'll work with FLM aluminum towers?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 AM
-SomeGuy-

On these shock towers no probably not but you can cheat like i did. I couldnt fasten it on the towers because i have the lst shock mounting kit in the way and that cant be moved elsewhere so i fastened it to the body mount. Good thing about is it gives more flexibility to the wing making it able to take more abuse. Bad thing is you have to put the body at max height.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 AM
groovethumper

ORIGINAL: groovethumper

I got the kit off ebay but you can get it from newera , i cant see any reason why it wouldnt work with the X. Where do you go bashing? I usually go to the mont-royal as i live 5 mins from there. The only way i could think of waterproofing tires is to plug the holes on the inside of the rims BUT if you do this they will be more bouncy, i guess thats better than getting off balance though.
I usually go bashing in my neighbourhood, I live in the Ville-Emard/Cote-St-Paul area, (the park behind my, house, the school yard in front of my house, next Angrignon park). but I would love to try Mont-Royal,sound like fun. (let me know when and where) Would harder foam insert work to reduce the bounce if i seal the holes in the wheels. Peace.