Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Watch out cannot get replacement parts for the Spektrum radio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Watch out cannot get replacement parts for the Spektrum radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch out cannot get replacement parts for the Spektrum radio

I do thank all for the recommendations on how to fix it and may have to do that but my grip is I should get more help from Horizon and Spektrum and want all to know if they deal with either one to be forewarned. They have no idea how much they will be losing just from me not counting from others where I posted on other forums other then here over a lens that probably cost less then $5. Now if that is not cutting off your nose to spite your face I do not know what is. No I will not put them out of business but I have all ready talk to people on many forums that are looking at other alternatives because of my experience. Every time some one list a thread about the Spektrum I will chime in.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:50 AM
46u

My persistence and complaints have paid off as they are sending me the lens so this goes to show my efforts where worth it!!!!!!!! I guess this goes to show if some are not to lazy to go a little over board and stand up for you right it pays off. I will keep all posted when the part gets here. O by the way they are sending it at no charge! To those trying to help thank you and those bashing me it would be a good time to take your foot out of your month!

I just wish more where from the old school like I as we can make a difference! [X(]
Old 10-30-2006, 12:49 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

46, glad to hear you got resolution to your problem. I hope you do not think I was trying to "bash" you when I posted regarding my lack of surprise and suggested that perceived liability is probably part of the reason they wouldn't send you the part. Just trying to relate my experience in similar circumstances. I'd go dollars to doughnuts they'd have replaced it N/C if you'd sent it in, but at least this way you don't have to pay to ship it out and wait for it to come back.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
46u

BuzzBomber no I do not think you where one of the ones bashing me and I do not have a problem with people voicing there opinion when done in a proper manner. You are not one of the ones I was talking about bashing me. But my point is when you are in the right stand up for your rights as if more people did so we could change things and maybe we could make a difference. The problem this day and age is most are to lazy to stand up for there rights and that is one of the reasons this world is in the shape it is.

When the part gets here I will post again and my faith in Spektrum and Horizon will be restored.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's cool. I've actually got a kinda/sorta, well maybe not really, similar situation at the moment. The rear half of my eclipse 7 has two nice gaping holes in it from a small drop(about 3') that landed the Tx right on the grab handle and sheared it off. Somehow I'm not real confident that Hitec will sell me just the case half, even though I already had it off once to swap a switch and the throttle ratchet. I'm not going to object if they ask me to send it in though, because it couldn't hurt to get the boards checked out(especially since Hitec will do it for free) even though it's all in working order. I know it's an apples and oranges comparison......hmm, that reminds me, time for lunch.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 PM
46u

Maybe you will get lucky like one guy I talked on one of the many forums I listed my problem with the Spektrum. He had no problem getting Futaba to send him a whole new case for his and the technician gave him some pointer on what to look out for when changing it. I wish you good luck and hope all turns out for you like it did for me.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Dudelive

I have to take my hat of to you (wait I don't wear hats). I am thankful there are people with cool heads and calm attitudes that will try and go the extra mile for what they KNOW is correct rather that screaming and making a fool of themselves. I am almost laughing as I write this as it is funny when presistance pays off.......Never say never

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
46u

People have no idea what they can do. In the past 2 years I have gotten over $400 of free service from Southern bell do to the way I was treaded and poor service. Why I stood up for my rights. I represented my self-years ago in a child custody case where I had custody of my children and my ex was trying to get them and keep it tied up in court for over 3 years my self!

I had a lawyer that was representing me do me wrong and filed a bar complaint ended up getting my money back now who can say they have ever gotten something back from a lawyer! This is just some things as I believe in standing up for my god given rights and will do so till the day I die. If all did half what I did we could change things and the world would be a better place!

No I am not a lawyer but all the laws are right on this box your are looking at! If you chose not to stand up for your right that is your choice but do not complaint but if you do I commend you! By the way my racing teams name is Rebel Racing.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
-Inverted-

Recieved a reply from Horizon, definately not what I was looking for....

"The mini lst has been an all around good truck. As with any product in
the hobby there will be maintenance to deal with."

I understand that, however having to fix multiple factory defects using MY hard earned money isn't what I would consider maintenance, what it sounds like to be is poor customer service, attention to detail, and quality. The fact that literally hundreds of customers have stated the same problems I have and nothing has been done just shows Losi's good side...

Heres what really got me, Losi sends out replacement parts for the trucks multiple defects, heres what the Horizon rep told me.
"I would advise you to replace the broken parts by your own
means."

Great, more money on my end to repair a problem ridded vehicle from the factory. Great support team losi and horizon hobby.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 PM
46u

Try emailing this guy as he is the one that said my lens is in the mail and might be just have not got it yet. I will post when and if I do get it.
John Adams
[email protected]

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 PM
-Inverted-

Thanks 46,
I'll see what happens.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Roscco

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

I'm not surprised. Go buy a Futaba, a Hitec, an Airtronics, and a JR, then call each of them and try to get the same correct part sent to you for each. It's probably NOT going to happen. "User accessible" parts designed to be removed regularly, such as antennae and battery covers, are different. Manufacturers do NOT want to assume liability for the end user of their products making any repairs or modifications done without their supervision and approval. In today's litigious society, it is an unfortunate fact of daily life. I had a similar circumstance with my last cell phone. The clear plastic cover over the external LCD cracked making it hard to read, but still functional. I called the cellphone company, who gave me a number for the manufacturer, who gave me essentially the same line you got--send it in and we'll fix it, sorry we can't send you one, even though it is just a self adhesive sheet. I wouldn't expect anything different though, especially with radio transmitting devices, where a potential interference issue could result in a lawsuit. And yes, I understand that you are not doing anything that might change the RF deck, but that is an assumption the manufacturers just can't afford to make.
You my friend, have nailed the problem. I intended on typing more or less the same thing but you have covered it nicely.

I can sympethise with 46u as i know how frustrating this must be for him, but as far as complaints go i'd say he is wasting more of his time. The company has not refused to rectify the problem but have supplied a means which may be inconvenient but is inline with their own policies and procedures. I'd bet my last dollar it WILL also follow the letter of the law.

I'm not familiar with the radio in question, but would getting a small piece of perspex and the dremel out not sort things ? In no way am i trying to belittle 46u and i completely agree with standing up for your rights, people must hate me sometimes LOL. I just feel that somtimes you need to know when to stop. NO WAY to spektrum HAVE to supply the part to the end user directly (Although this is what makes EXCEPTIONAL customer service). The may if you point out your happy to void your warranty (if indeed there still is one) by replacing yourself, but you'll find their requirement is to fix it, which by your own admission they have offered to do.

Anyways, good luck
Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
46u

Like I said according to John Adams of Horizon Hobby the lens is in the mail so I guess it was worth all of it. Sometimes you have to carry it to the extreme to get the point across. Most places hope you will just go away and that is what most do and companies know this. Maybe if others went the extra miles problems like this would not be so common. I will up date when and if I receiver the lens.
Thank all for the input.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

When I first got my Turmoil with the DX2, the DX2 had a smudge on teh screen from the protective film layer they put when shipped out. This should be covered by warranty for free, since it has occured more than a dozen times to other people. I got the exact reply from Horizon, and I fugered I should just deal with it and have a smudge on the screen. Didn't bother to wait 2 weeks for a "repair". Not so happy with Spektrums quality control...
Old 11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
46u

Received my lens today and all is well.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
46u

Sorry wrong thread that is what happens when you have two windows open. [X(]
Old 11-03-2006, 12:33 PM
46u

Buy the way I know a guy that called Futaba and did not have a problem getting a whole new case for his TX.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:12 PM
RLMHPI

Well 46u I have the same problem as you I purchased a turmoil RTR and my display on my spektrum is Blurred due to the plastic protective film that was over it. I emailed spektrum and john adams at the e mail adress you posted. I will be contacting my LHS tomorrow hopefully they will send me one like they did for you!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:38 PM
RLMHPI

I e mailed [email protected] about my problem with my lens on my dx2 with no questions asked they sent me a new one I didnt have to show them any proof of purchase nothing at all they sent a replacement for free with no hesitation!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 AM
SportCrystals

ORIGINAL: 46u

My persistence and complaints have paid off as they are sending me the lens so this goes to show my efforts where worth it!!!!!!!! I guess this goes to show if some are not to lazy to go a little over board and stand up for you right it pays off. I will keep all posted when the part gets here. O by the way they are sending it at no charge! To those trying to help thank you and those bashing me it would be a good time to take your foot out of your month!

I just wish more where from the old school like I as we can make a difference! [X(]
I agree with your persistance! Karlton from Nomadio would probably have express-mailed the part to you at no charge in a day if you bought one of his radios! The death of common sense with customer service always amazes me! With my business, the customer is always right and can make your life misserable if you do not extend 110% service to them. When a company goes out of their way to take care of a customer's issue ASAP, it pays in spades. Too many companies do not realize that it's the customers that are their best sales people.

One customer of our tires just sent us an email stating that our tires were not compatible with his truck and wanted to refuse the delivery. I personally replied and asked him to accept the delivery, give the tire package to one of his buddies to try out and we'll send him a direct refund via comapny check. OK, we'll have to sell another five sets of tires to make up the profit, but we'll probably sell another 20-30 sets just via word of mouth for a decent product and excellent customer service! More OEM's and suppliers need to see the forest through the trees.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Hey THANKS! We aim to please so does Sport Crystals who I hope will soon be representing Nomadio
Old 01-05-2007, 01:24 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: SportCrystals

ORIGINAL: 46u

I agree with your persistance! Karlton from Nomadio would probably have express-mailed the part to you at no charge in a day if you bought one of his radios! The death of common sense with customer service always amazes me! With my business, the customer is always right and can make your life misserable if you do not extend 110% service to them. When a company goes out of their way to take care of a customer's issue ASAP, it pays in spades. Too many companies do not realize that it's the customers that are their best sales people.

One customer of our tires just sent us an email stating that our tires were not compatible with his truck and wanted to refuse the delivery. I personally replied and asked him to accept the delivery, give the tire package to one of his buddies to try out and we'll send him a direct refund via comapny check. OK, we'll have to sell another five sets of tires to make up the profit, but we'll probably sell another 20-30 sets just via word of mouth for a decent product and excellent customer service! More OEM's and suppliers need to see the forest through the trees.
I agree with you 110% and that is what is wrong with most business this day and age. I loved it when there were not any conglomerates like Wal-Mart or Lows. Small businesses would either give you service or they went out of business but this day and age if one store closes the have a 1000 more to make up for it. I understand as I ran my own business for 13 years till my heath gave out. Good to see there are still a few good ones around.