Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

First flight with Ascent!!! Wow!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

First flight with Ascent!!! Wow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:08 PM
jyymbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight with Ascent!!! Wow!!!

Hello everyone!

Just had to share my first flight with my new Ascent sailplane...wow, what a blast! I switched props after reading the feedback in this forum...went with the Graupner 6x3. I used an Electrifly 650 mah 11.1v lipo pack. First flight lasted over 30 minutes of up and down flying in absolutely dead air...and very humid as well, and I still had plenty of charge left - neck got tired though! This thing had so much power I couldn't believe it! Full throttle from a hand launch sent it up at a 55-60 degree angle, and thats being conservative! This is with the stock mototr by the way! From launch to as high as I could see (maybe 400ft??) was less than 15 seconds...it was like a rocket! I felt the motor when i brought it down and it was warm but certainly not hot. Plane really floated up there with the motor off...took at least 3-4 minutes to bring it down before I fired up the motor again.

So thats just my quick review of the Ascent...if you dont own one of these yet, you need one, trust me!

JimO
Erie, PA
Old 09-04-2006, 09:25 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: First flight with Ascent!!! Wow!!!

Ascent is a great plane. Glad your first flight went so well.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 AM
joystix

I just got the Eflite Ascent . It built really fast and I love the fact that the frame is made of fiberglass and not plastic. I installed a 125wt brushless on 2 cell 1350mah and it flies amazing for a smaller type E-Glider. And yes it thermals easily. It was 70 degrees here in the bay area today and I found 3 good thermals that kept me up on one climb for about 45 minutes. My total flight was an hour and 20 minjutes with only 4 climbouts. It also packs easily too because the wing is bolt on and it comes apart into two pieces. Hope this helps.

Ric

Old 01-09-2007, 01:18 AM
KingCobra2

Can we see somes pics? Thanx, Scott
ORIGINAL: joystix

I just got the Eflite Ascent . It built really fast and I love the fact that the frame is made of fiberglass and not plastic. I installed a 125wt brushless on 2 cell 1350mah and it flies amazing for a smaller type E-Glider. And yes it thermals easily. It was 70 degrees here in the bay area today and I found 3 good thermals that kept me up on one climb for about 45 minutes. My total flight was an hour and 20 minjutes with only 4 climbouts. It also packs easily too because the wing is bolt on and it comes apart into two pieces. Hope this helps.

Ric

Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
lulubelle

I got the accent glider a few weeks ago. I put a mega 16/7/7 in it with a groupner folding prop. WOW. does that thing climb. Its a great plane.
But i'd say that your estimation on how high it got was a little on the conservative side--maybe 700-900 feet.

Happy landings

zach