Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Getting out my RC10GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:53 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting out my RC10GT

Heya peeps,

I took my RC10GT from the attic last weekend to get it running again. It has been in the attic for over a yr but I made sure to store if with after run oil so the motor seems to be fine. Anyway, put in a new glow plug, added neew fuel and can't seem to get the thing to start. After I pull on the pull start 4 or 5 times, it starts to blow fuel out of the muffler. Any thoughts or tips to get me heading in the right direction would be great.

Thx,
Walkingtall
Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Default RE: Getting out my RC10GT

Check glow plug igniter battery. Do not over prime the engine before starting.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:04 AM
bte214

Default RE: Getting out my RC10GT

Sounds like you are flooding it. Take the pressure line off to blow fuel into the carb. Once you see it reach the carb give it one more quick blow. Also heat it with a hairdryer or heat gun to get it closer to operating temperature. This should make it easier to start.