Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wing Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:23 PM
shymot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Mounting

Newbie question. I have a cessna 182 from hobby lobby. The wings scews on and so do the alluminun struts underneath. i was thinking of using dowels and rubberbands for the wings so its easier to breakdown fo transport instead of unscrewing the wing all the time. Another thought crossed my mind. Would industrial velcro be sufficient to hold on the wing during flight?
Thanks Shymot
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wing Mounting

NO on the velcro. The problem with rubber bands is that they dry out and fail. Believe me it's a lot easier to screw in some bolts than properly attach the eight to ten ruber bands you'll need. You would also have to re-inforce the leading and trailing edges to prevent crushing. In spiteof what is said about bands popping off in a hard landing, I've still torn up planes. The advantages to bolts far outweigh the disadvantages.
FWIW I've been in this hobby for 42 years.
Walt