Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

COX RTF WARBIRDS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:25 PM
simionla
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COX RTF WARBIRDS

After a long wait, the Cox RTF Warbirds are now available.

CORSAIR F4U
WINGSPAN: 20.25" (51.4 cm) LENGTH: 16.25" (41.3 cm) FLYING WEIGHT: approx. 5 oz. (142 g) RADIO SYSTEM INCLUDED: Cox ICON RC 3-channel FM Transmitter Cox ICON RC 2 in 1 receiver with 5-amp ESC and BEC - installed. 2 - Cox ICON RC 6 gram servos - installed . Cox 7.2 Volt, 2/3AAA 220 mAh, NiMH battery - installed . CHARGING: Cox 12 Volt Peak Charger with 12-volt charge adapter included
P-40 WARHAWK
WINGSPAN: 20" (50.8 cm) LENGTH: 17.25" (43.8 cm) FLYING WEIGHT: approx. 5 oz. (142 g) RADIO SYSTEM INCLUDED: Cox ICON RC 3-channel FM Transmitter Cox ICON RC 2 in 1 receiver with 5-amp ESC and BEC - installed. 2 - Cox ICON RC 6 gram servos - installed . Cox 7.2 Volt, 2/3AAA 220 mAh, NiMH battery - installed . CHARGING: Cox 12 Volt Peak Charger with 12-volt charge adapter included.
P-47 THUNDERBOLT
WINGSPAN: 20" (50.8 cm) LENGTH: 17.75" (45 cm) FLYING WEIGHT: approx. 5 oz. (142 g) RADIO SYSTEM INCLUDED: Cox ICON RC 3-channel FM Transmitter Cox ICON RC 2 in 1 receiver with 5-amp ESC and BEC - installed. 2 - Cox ICON RC 6 gram servos - installed. Cox 7.2 Volt, 2/3AAA 220 mAh, NiMH battery - installed . CHARGING: Cox 12 Volt Peak Charger with 12-volt charge adapter included.

If you can't find them at your LHS please check:
www.lukesrcplanes.com
Old 09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Nightmair

Default RE: COX RTF WARBIRDS

I ordered one of each last night...directly from the Cox site. They have already been shipped! I've been waiting a while for the RTF's to come out.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 AM
soarhead-RCU

Anybody know if the supplied radio is on the 72mz band or if it is on the 27mz toy band?????????
Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
pilotpete2

I sure hope they're not on 72Mhz!!!!
Pete
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Nightmair

I got one of each.....they look amazing even up close.....I flew P-40 and P-47 today...P-47 wouldn't turn right, even though the rudder turned...had to fish it off the dang roof....but tweaked rudder to lean right a bit more, and will try to fly tomorrow to see if my fix worked...

Once trimmed, the P-40 flew great. just had to put in some down elevator trim, and I did have to add the whole clay ball to nose of P-40 to obtain CG......these warbirds are my favorite yard flyers even more than the Hobbico Aeroscout. The warbrirds seem to fly better with a little downtrim so it stalls and ballons less....

bTW: Hobbico Aeroscouts have Little 20" wing RTF with rudder...they fly good enough for touch and goes and cross wind landings.....put a tailwheel on and you can take off from the street....I have 4 of them now because I flew my one too much and fried the engine...now I can rotate the planes for flight. only 35 bucks for them and they are way too much fun.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Nightmair

All planes are on the lower range of 72. look at coxhobbies.comand they have all frequencies listed. the range is excellent...

all the warbrirds are sold out already...I feel lucky to have one of each.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
soarhead-RCU

Nightmair:
Thanks for the frequency info, thats what I wanted to hear. I called around town and they never reached this area from what I understand. They will probably have a big push for Xmass supply. Keep my fingers crossed.
Happy Flying
Bob
Old 12-10-2006, 12:28 AM
zadstar

Hi Guys,
I just bought the P-40 RTF, but have a question. When the plane is charged if you turn the switch to on position does the prop start turning (motor on) or the throttle on the controller controls the engine. On mine when I turn the switch the engine starts, so I wonder if I land with the engine one the prop is going to break for sure. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 07:27 PM
akdude47

Hi guys, I thought I just got one of the P-47s Cox RTF packages today at a weak moment in my LHS. It looks like I am going to have to remount the rudder, the clear tape they used has popped off the bottom and the rudder is mounted crooked. Can I just slit the foam in the center and use flexible hinges that most foam models use?

Any issues with these? Do they fly well out of the box so to speak?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:20 PM
soarhead-RCU

AK
Yes I use those type of hinges all the time in foamies. If you have any of the old computer floppy disks around you can tear them apart and use that mylar type stuff inside. It is tough as nails and outlast any of my planes. Be sure you use FOAM SAFE CA glue , as
regular ca will eat up the foam!!! You can use most any wood glue but it takes overnite to set-up though. Course you could just get some good packing tape and Im sure that would work also. Some of the tape supplied with kits isnt that good...
Good Luck
Bob
Old 12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
akdude47

Thanks Soarhead,

I fixed it up last night and I think it will be fine. I used some left over hinges from a GWS kit I had, and just used the GWS glue which works great.

Anyone flown any of the RTFs set up by COX? Any issues if so?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:14 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Does anyone know if the receivers are compatible with Futaba or JR?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
coolbean

Anyone have any video of these things flying? Can they fly slow and controllable enough to fly inside a gym?