Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Radio and Reciever???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
JohnnyReptile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and Reciever???????

I am planning on getting a new radio and reciever setup soon. I am thinking of getting the JR XS2 or Spektrum DX2. I am thinking of racing after I do a few more mods to my X. I want a radio set that will be good to go with. Any info on either of these or others would be great. Thanx in advance.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Chronic

Default RE: Radio and Reciever???????

I have a JR XS3 and a Spektrum DX3, and I would have to vote Spektrum all the way. The JR has a couple more features that are desirable for a serious racer, but the Spektrum is the far superior setup. The range of the DX radio is further than you would ever feel comfortable with, it has faster signal processing, interference is a thing of the past, NO glitching, the radio batteries last longer, you never have to worry about changing channels because it does it automatically, it has a built-in signal failsafe...

With the Spektrum, there would have to be like 78 other guys at the track running 2.4gig setups before you would ever have to worry about a frequency(channel) conflict. Even then, instead of allowing you to both use the same frequency, the last guy to turn on his radio would simply be locked out from operating his truck. In a racetrack setting, that alone makes it worth the price.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
DamageIncorporated

Just ordered my DX3.....[sm=thumbs_up.gif]. I have heard nothing but good things about these radios.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have been running my DX3 now for about 8 months and I assure you I will never run anything else but 2.4 GHz! The best prices I can find are here.
DX3.0 $210
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SPM20300!1002&csurl=%2Fistar%2Eas p%3Fa%3D3%26dept%3D36%26manufacturer%3DSPM%26sortb y%3D%26numperpage%3D16%26

DX2.0 $144.95
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=SPM20200!1002&csurl=%2Fistar%2Eas p%3Fa%3D3%26dept%3D36%26manufacturer%3DSPM%26sortb y%3D%26numperpage%3D16%26